• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Erratic 9 hole round

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
I am in the midst of planting soybeans and sweetcorn. I was able the sneak in a 9 hole round this Sunday evening. 1 double bogey, 3 bogeys, 2 pars, 3 birdies.

The double was on a par 4 with an easy cut past the dogleg. Plays more like a par 3.5 but I just plain chopped it up. #1 Short drive hitting the toe of club face. #2 Had to punch 3 wood under tree to green 120 yards away. Hit ball 150 yards. #3 Sucky pitch back, technically easy but I just hit it too far-- past hole on edge of fringe. #4 Decided to putt rather than chip WRONG 4 feet short. #5 Pushed the putt. #6 finally.

One of the birds was a sandy on par 5. Excellent 25 yard out to 6 feet. Another bird was inches from an eagle. Lob wedge from 80 yards lipped out. I guess this is the part of golf that keeps me coming back.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Sounds like a damn good rd to me, I would kill for some birdies right now, getting a few attempts but just not getting the putt to drop. Way too many double bogeys lately, frickin 2-3 pars & then have back to back doubles.

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Yes, the wedges, chipping putting have been gold recently. I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Clubs above 7 iron have been good but nothing spectacular.

When I was in Jamaica it was too windy to do water sports so I spent an hour a day hitting lob wedge shots and creative chipping. The practice is still reaping dividends. It infectious as I walk up to these shots with confidence. wish I had this "game" when I was a young flat belly. Youth is wasted on the young.

another truism in golf is no matter what your hcp is you will never be satisfied.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I am in the midst of planting soybeans and sweetcorn. I was able the sneak in a 9 hole round this Sunday evening..

I spent roughly twenty years farming zaphod and all I can say is get back to work..gotta make hay when the sun shines..:)

My dad wasn't happy unless the wheels were turning and come to think of it he wasn't just that happy..LOL

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
My dad wasn't happy unless the wheels were turning and come to think of it he wasn't just that happy..LOL

You definitely have been farming. I've been there too LOL

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.