• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ESPN National Golf Challenge

Nemo

Just trying to suck less
Oct 27, 2007
So I had a tee time at my local course yesterday (Newport National for you New Englanders) and they were running the RI qualifier for the ESPN National Golf Challenge during the day. I'd never heard of it, but its a 2 man best ball with gross and net divisions. For and extra $5 over the normal greens fee you entered and got a dozen Callaway Tour ix balls. So just getting the balls for an extra $5 was worth it alone.

Our foresome broke into two twosomes for the challenge. I play at a 17 and my partner plays at 14. We ended up netting 60 and winning the qualifier by 5 strokes. We now get to go to a regional qualifier in Massachusetts in August for the right to go to the Nationals in Vegas in October. While I'm sure we'll come up against some team with total BS handicaps that kills us, but it would be cool to go to Vegas! I've never played in a tournament other than scrambles, so I have no idea what I'm doing. Probably should go read all the rules. But it was kind of a cool twist to our otherwise normal round of Saturday golf!

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online