• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ESPN: Patrick Reed 'Thrives Amid Chaos'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
PATRICK REED HAS BEEN BRANDED as a PGA Tour player and college golfer who plays fast and loose with the rules, called a "cheater" by some.

Reed wears his bad-boy image like a suit of armor, and gathers criticism as if it were kindling to stoke his competitive fire. Apparently, no matter what is said by peers like Brooks Koepka or the media (Peter Kostis), Reed keeps competing at a very high level, whether in the Presidents Cup or in a World Golf Championship, like the one he won in Mexico on Sunday.

ESPN's Bob Harig wrote:
For reasons of his own making, that controversy lingers, but Reed thrives amid chaos. We've seen it at the Ryder Cup and throughout the past few months, as he has endured his share of taunting and jeers from spectators, fellow competitors and commentators.
As such, it was only fitting that Reed emerged from the rubble on Sunday at Club de Golf Chapultepec, outlasting an all-star cast on the leaderboard to shoot a final-round 67 and capture the WGC-Mexico Championship by a shot over Bryson DeChambeau.​
It was Reed's eighth PGA Tour victory and second World Golf Championship title.

DeChambeau said, "He's a great player, and he'll be a great player for a long time. And I have a lot of respect for his game.'"

About the many distractions, Reed said, "Really, at the end of the day, to me it doesn't really matter.

"For me, it's go out there and continue doing what I'm supposed to do, and that's try to play the best golf I can, try to be the best person I can and try to set an example for the younger kids that are out here watching, as well as my kids that are watching back at home."

Source: ESPN: Patrick Reed 'Thrives Amid Chaos'

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I gotta be honest, I have a hard time getting worked up on this one. And truth be told I’ve had a hard time getting worked up over the Astros thing too-and I’m a Yankees fan, not that I watch much baseball anymore.

Idk maybe it’s because basketball was my main sport and if the refs didn’t call it it wasn’t a foul? I will say he can block out noise as well as anybody.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I gotta be honest, I have a hard time getting worked up on this one. And truth be told I’ve had a hard time getting worked up over the Astros thing too-and I’m a Yankees fan, not that I watch much baseball anymore.

Idk maybe it’s because basketball was my main sport and if the refs didn’t call it it wasn’t a foul? I will say he can block out noise as well as anybody.
This^^^

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Well, another controversy with Reed, and another week where he is playing well despite the noise.

Once you have been caught cheating, you no longer get the benefit of the doubt. Anything that looks improper is going to be hyper analyzed. Right or wrong, it is going to be hard to shake that label.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Well, another controversy with Reed, and another week where he is playing well despite the noise.

Once you have been caught cheating, you no longer get the benefit of the doubt. Anything that looks improper is going to be hyper analyzed. Right or wrong, it is going to be hard to shake that label.

Very true, stayed with Vijay his whole career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

🔥 Latest posts