• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

etiquette question?

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
The course i like to play has the usually amount of hispanic grounds crew. all nice guys and polite enough not to laugh at my game. so yesterday they are out raking the traps and i nail a drive straight for the sand and looks like I am gonna hit them. do I yell fore or quatro?

(hope no one considers this racist humor, is not meant to be. BTW, what do you yell in spain in this situation? germany? sweden? etc? )

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
quatro means four, not fore. besides, i'm guessing anybody working at a golf course has figured out what "fore" means.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I just yell AFLAC, because they need to duck, and better have that insurance if the ball hits them, :laugh:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I yell, "Free Sopas!" That way, they will run as fast as possible to me, getting out of the way to the ball.

OP
DouginGA

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
quatro means four, not fore. besides, i'm guessing anybody working at a golf course has figured out what "fore" means.
I hope you didnt take me too seriously there NVM. but am curious if fore is called out on all courses or just english speaking ones.

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
I hope you didnt take me too seriously there NVM. but am curious if fore is called out on all courses or just english speaking ones.

i did some research and i found the phrase "the international warning" a few times.

🔥 Latest posts