• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ever been betrayed by someone in your regular 4some???

Irish

May 9, 2007
just because you are friends with someone doesn't automatically entitle you to first call on their business....
I can understand being pissed because he didn't even talk to your wife but its not fair to assume that it was business coming your wifes direction in the first place....

his perogative is to maximize his profit and the relationship between a vendor and the agent can be rocky especially in the current economic environment...(when selling a house you really have to second guess everything the agent is doing and ask yourself if the agent is doing it for you're benefit or for their own)

my guess would be that he didn't want to have that sort of a relationship with a good friends wife...and personally I think there's a lot of sense in that...

BUT he should have told you are your wife about his decision in advance of listing his property

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I've lived in the same house for 14 years and I've played golf with my neighbor as long as I lived here. My wife sells home and auto insurance and he's never given her any business.

I asked him about it once and he told me he didn't want a problem with an insurance company to screw up our friendship. I told him it wouldn't have but that I respected his decision.

I have no idea why your friend did what he did but you should at least ask him why.

OP
C

clint

Aug 17, 2006
Thanks for your advice everybody...I think it's probably time to sit down over a couple of beers.

Clint

🔥 Latest posts