• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ever find a TM ball???

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I have found hundreds of balls this year, with the vast majority being either ultra cheap Top Flite XL's or the uber pricey Titelist ProV1 & ProV1X. Have found a lot of Nikes, Callaways, Bridgestones, etc etc. Why have I never found a single TaylorMade ball of any type?

Strikes me as odd that every store including Walmart sells them, so obviously someone is buying them, yet I never ever find any.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I do. Found a couple this week alone. Then again, I play on a course where I find about 6-10 balls a round, but only keep the ones I really like and throw the rest back. Usually walk away with about 3-4 balls a round of Titleist, Callaway's, Bridgestones, Srixon, Better Nikes etc. and others that I keep and use for water balls. My water balls are usually of better quality than the ones I normally play. Save some of the others for practice rounds that are in good shape so I won't have to look for them if they go in the woods.

Don't find many TM's though. Titleist and Callaways are by far the most common found on this course that I will keep, Nike may be third. Find alot of Top Flights and Pinnacles, save only the ones I am yet to play.

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
they fly straight ---- :prop:

sorry - had to do it.. find a few yes.. find a ton of pro v's.. man like candy out there..

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I don't know the statistics, but I would assume less people play TM than Titleist or Nike which are far bigger brands regarding balls , combined with the fact not many new amateur golfers think or use TM as their first ball.

I guess most start using cheap balls like Topflight (which you find plenty), and then want to upgrade for a "known" ball brand like Titleist. We ALL go through playing Pro-Vs until we realize we lose way too many, and only then most start exploring some other brands like Taylormade or Bridgestone.

Don't know, might be the reason...:shocked:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I have found a couple...but then like you said, you find alot more titties/topflights...

I have lost my fair share of all types of balls...i believe i have even found a couple that i lost and then promptly lost them again...

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Want to hear something ironic? A freind of mine comes running up yesterday as I was finishing my round. Hey is all excited, just made his 1st hole in one. Then he pulls out the ball he made it with. One of my Srixon Trispeed's, complete with my 2 orange dots around the number.

I was excited for him, but damn, that isn't right. That ball should have done that for me, not him, :unhappy:

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I don't know the statistics, but I would assume less people play TM than Titleist or Nike which are far bigger brands regarding balls , combined with the fact not many new amateur golfers think or use TM as their first ball.

I guess most start using cheap balls like Topflight (which you find plenty), and then want to upgrade for a "known" ball brand like Titleist. We ALL go through playing Pro-Vs until we realize we lose way too many, and only then most start exploring some other brands like Taylormade or Bridgestone.

Don't know, might be the reason...:shocked:

I would agree with Xamillo, I think less people play TM balls, they are my gamers. most balls i find are Titleist of some sort, Callys and crap Top Flites.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
I would agree with Xamillo, I think less people play TM balls, they are my gamers. most balls i find are Titleist of some sort, Callys and crap Top Flites.

I don't know a soul who plays a TM ball. I tried some of them last year and I didn't like them.... guess maybe that's not an uncommon opinion. That said, I have found one or two, but not nearly as many as most other brands.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I've got all sorts.. Bridgestone B330's, Titleist Prov1x, Cally Hot Bite, Cally Tour i, Precept Laddie X, Titleist NTX Tour.. I also just got a dozen TM Red's.

I can't lose the reds to save my life. The ball is a great, great ball for me. Not super sticky like the cally hot bite. But super close to the B330. Spins better for me than the ProV, and I get them to drop and stop on the greens better, in my opinion.

I like the Bridgestone and the TM ball the best. Cally balls secondly, then Titleist..

Honestly though, I've only ever found maybe 5 TM balls, and they were all TM Blacks.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I can't lose the reds to save my life. .

I have a Callaway HX I found some time ago which I hate, and use on every hole I know I'm going to land in the middle of the water, and the bloody ball just doesn't seem to disappear!!! I feel stupid just throwing it away or throwing it in a pond on purpose, but I try to use it when danger is good enough to make it a fair "loose". I think the whole cover is going to peel before I loose it, ad I'm praying I don't find another one again...:laugh:

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I have a Bridgestone E5 I found that's like that also, no matter how hard I try to lose it, I can't.

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Ive never found a TM either. I seem to find a lot of Titleists, Nikes, TopFlites and Callaways, but no TMs.
I wouldnt mind finding more Bridgestones, but havent as of yet.

eli_yates

looking to be scratch
Nov 19, 2007
i found one of the old taylor made balls. ive found one tp red but i found and lost that old taylor made ball and then 2 weeks later found it when i was looking for my nxt tour. funny i guess...

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I think that the reason that people don't find TMs is because the majority of golfers don't play them, and the few that do are usually the better players who hit the ball into the woods less often. Those two facts combine to show that you don't find as many TM balls laying around. Of course I think Victory may have it right!!!

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
A lot of hacks insist on playing ProVs, let them waste their money and we can find all their lost balls.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.