• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ever had a...?

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Ever had a great round, and you were just appauled at the scorecard afterwards? Played a tough course I dont get around to playing much, hit the ball like a champ and putted close to lights out. I am just baffled at how stupid mistakes can completely trash a round. I honestly hit the ball better then some of my rounds in the 60's. Heres a list of the silly things that happened.

2nd hole,par 5. A long par 5, but one you cant hit driver as the fairway ends in water at 255 from the tips. Hit a nice little 2H up the middle,takes a hard kick forward and viola, my 240 club just went 270. hitting three. ended up making double.

4th hole, par 4. short hole, about 350 uphill a way, crazy st andrews style pot bunker infront of the green with about a 8' lip.
Hit a cut 2H up the middle, 112 in. Got greedy and went for the pin, which was tucked behind said bunker. hit the top of the lip with my 55*, spun back in. Bad shots come in pairs, tryed to open the blade of my 59* and pop it up and get it close and save par. Nope, top of the lip and sitting almost in my sand divot. Came out sideways, chipped up, 1 putt double.

12th hole, par 4. Uphill & blind. Water starts at 290, was playing into about a club and a half wind. Ripped driver. Hitting 3. Double.

17th par 4. Straightforward long par4, 460+. Hit a high draw down the right side, didnt make it all the way back to the fairway. Couldn't find my ball in the primary rough. Back to the tee. Double.

missed some 12' birdie putts, ended up carding a 79. I have a feeling I wont catch much sympathy for that, but I just felt I had to write it down and figure out where the heck my shots were lost. It just baffled me today, I pared all the par 3's with very pure shots to 12-20' (which im happy with considering the shortest was 185, and longest was 230). Other then the holes stated above, made 2 birdies, 1 bogey, and pared out.

/pointless rant over.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I feel your pain, man. And I'm sure we can relate to the bad breaks, even if we didn't all end up with a 79 as a result of them!

Just recently I was playing at a shorter course with a par of 62- 31 a side, and I had 3 birdies in 6 holes, missed a 4th birdie on 8 by the hair on my front teeth. Actually SHOCKED it didn't fall in.

I wasn't even using my clubs!

On 9 I had 165, which would be a 7i with my clubs, but I figured I needed to take 6 with these ones that I wasn't accustomed to. Well **** me sideways. Hit it pure as anything... a little left, and about 20 yards too far.

In talking to the greenskeeper later, he informed me that the spot I landed in was a spot they could NOT grow grass in with their normal stuff, so they had to plant some cooky fluffy crap. It was the only 3 foot plot of that garbage on the entire course.

So I, like your bunker shot, tried to be a hero and flop one up there for an easy par putt. Nope. Went right through the grass and ended up moving the ball about 5 yards. Now I REALLY had to hit the hero shot to a short-sided pin.

Nope.

Barely got it on the fringe, I'd dialed down so much not wanting to fly it over the flag.

Ended up with a ****ing TRIPLE bogey to finish the front side +1.

/vomitus

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.