• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ever had just one of those rounds...

J.J.

May 13, 2007
...just one of those rounds where you dont play well at all, but you have 3-4 fairly amazing shots that make it seem as if you played an awesome round of golf?

i just finished up one.. played on a private country club course i've never played on before.. a buddy of mine whos a member got me on for 20 bucks so i was all about it.. didn't shoot very well at all.. ended up shootin a 94 (doh!) but i had about 4 shots that just made me feel like i played an amazing round.. 2 awesome chip shots.. a sweet right to left 20 foot putt (too bad it was for bogey), and then a drive on 18th hole that the gps marked out to being 315 yards..

those 4 shots made a shitty day good

OP
J

J.J.

May 13, 2007
Geez if a person shooting mid 90's can hit a ball 315...I can't wait to get my G5 off ebay :)

i usually shoot in the 80's... 315 is my longest drive ever.. usually am around 280 though.. but i will admit now my driver is really my only strong point in my game.. hence the higher scores

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Yesterday my short game was awesome which made me feel like I played really good and also I span back a 5iron 6ft which I didnt think was possible. Still ended up shooting 85 grrrr.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
That's my usual round. Mediocre all day, with a couple of "pro-level" shots. It's why I keep playing the game.

My last round was unusual for a different reason. I couldn't hit the ball to save my life. Bladed tee shots, slices, pulls - just awful - and yet I managed a 42 on the front nine. Somehow I just kept advancing the ball down the fairway and (here's the key) getting up and down for pars and bogies. I had one bird mixed in on a par 3 that was pretty sweet. But my usually awful short game was magically OK that day, and I had a good nine holes.

Crazy game, this golf thing.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.