• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ever hear my "DoodleBop Story"?

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Every year, the states 2nd largest fair is held in our tiny little town, on a field that our #9 fairway wraps around.

Below is a link to this years performers:

Great Jones County Fair - Home

Anyway, every year we try to have a performer directed to the children....last year it was the "Doodle Bob's" (see link below)

Doodlebops :: Kids' Favorite Rockin' Band!

Before this group agreed to play, they stated they wanted their own trailer to stay over night in to use as a 24 hour dressing room.

No problem, my buddy donated his motor home, and parked it on the fair grounds for them.

The morning after the show, he never heard from them....and after waiting a few more hours went to the trailer to check on them.

Not only were they already gone, but they thrashed the place...my buddy found torn drapes, torn furniture, paint on the carpet, broken alcohol bottles and used condoms to mention just a few...

The entire place was toast.

Because of this we ended up making a dressing/locker room with showers for the performers to use if they want...otherwise they make their own accommodations.

Sad part is we live in a small town where everyone is trusting....along mainstreet all the vendors have product on the side walk (like plants, lumber, shingles...etc) and no one steals....

It's sad that not only did people come here and basically violate the trust of the town folk here...but it was done by a group that kids look up to.

🔥 Latest posts