• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ever sell a great club?

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Sell a club---A novel idea for me. Am considering building a storage shed for my purchases. If golf clubs were to be the next world wide currency...I am so ready to be very affluent. Trying to corner the market I am.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Sell a club---A novel idea for me. Am considering building a storage shed for my purchases. If golf clubs were to be the next world wide currency...I am so ready to be very affluent. Trying to corner the market I am.

I hear ya there. I normally do not sell from the stock pile, but when you you read that a fellow ST'er is in need of something that you have in stock I feel compelled to offer it up.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Of course. I just drained my Paypal account too on a pair of Oakleys, one for me and one for the wife. :emot-ange

R35

Oakleys? I am trying out some new shades myself lately. Ocean Waves - Jack Nicklaus Collection. Bought two pairs wholesale at the show and will be reviewing them in another week or so. I have been very impressed so far.

You need to sell some more clubs and build up that PayPal account so that you will have some more temptation to buy another shaft or club.:laugh:

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
definitely my cleveland TA1's.

beautiful clubs, that i didn't have the game to play....at that time.

if I had those...i might not have my precepts though, and I looooove my precepts.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Oakleys? I am trying out some new shades myself lately. Ocean Waves - Jack Nicklaus Collection. Bought two pairs wholesale at the show and will be reviewing them in another week or so. I have been very impressed so far.

You need to sell some more clubs and build up that PayPal account so that you will have some more temptation to buy another shaft or club.:laugh:

Never heard of them. I had a look through their collection, they never had anything that turned my head. To each their own.

I have 6 pairs of Oakleys, all polarized. IMO, they make the best polarized lenses out there.

R35

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
I have 6 pairs of Oakleys, all polarized. IMO, they make the best polarized lenses out there.

That's good to hear... I just bought a pair of half jackets with XLJ polarized lenses today

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Was fitted on the monitor. After trying every driver in the shop the Ping Rapture 9º with stiff NVS shaft was far beyond all the others in the numbers so I dropped $450 (includes tax) and that was the most amazing driver I've ever owned. Then the next spring I was swinging like shit and sold it to try something else. What an IDIOT!! :mad:

I've found the Ping G10 (and also the FTi) match the results I got with the Rapture but it's taken me many drivers and much $$$$$$ to end up with what I used to have two years ago. :dead:

And the guy that bought it from me is still hitting the Rapture a mile. A lesson well learned.... :emot-ange I will NEVER sell a club that is/was working well for me until I've used it's replacement for a year and still find the newer club is better. :)

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Then the next spring I was swinging like shit and sold it to try something else. What an IDIOT!! :mad:

Did that right after I bought my FT5, got rid of my Burner because I wasn't swinging it well. Then a month later I couldn't swing the FT5 for shit either.

Sticking with what I have now & if my swing goes south...like it always does for a period of time, I will punish myself & only carry "The Hammer".

Members online

No members online now.