• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Evian Masters

soxngolf

The Chick
Jul 26, 2008
I know this was kind of started in the other thread, but we switched topics so I thought I would start a new one. What a great finish! To lose a 4 shot lead going into the 15th hole was rough for Choi, but I was happy to see Alfredson and Park make their runs.
The lip out for Park on the first playoff hole was actually painful for me. I was impressed with her post round interview after that tough of an ending.
Yeah, for Helen!:thumbs up: I love comebacks like this (both Sunday and this year) and as Dottie said that was going to be a very popular win on the tour.
I can't wait for the Brittish!

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
Yep, the finish was great. Although, I was rooting for Angela Park to get her first win. She just has such a perfect swing.

Off topic question: Does anyone know if there will be any live internet coverage of the British in addition to the weak-ass broadcast schedule?

OP
soxngolf

soxngolf

The Chick
Jul 26, 2008
I was just looking at the Open's website. Over there the golf will be shown on BBC. My cable has BBC, but the listings aren't up yet for the weekend. I am wondering if we could catch extended coverage there? I don't think there will be any webcasts. Good thought though.

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
I was just looking at the Open's website. Over there the golf will be shown on BBC. My cable has BBC, but the listings aren't up yet for the weekend. I am wondering if we could catch extended coverage there? I don't think there will be any webcasts. Good thought though.

I have BBC America. I just checked the listings and there is no golf. That makes sense because I'm sure that would be some ridiculous violation of the U.S. broadcast rights of TNT and ABC - even though they are barely showing the thing.

BBC is the host broadcaster and has confirmed UK broadcast times as follows:

Thursday 31st July 1300-1600 BBC2
Friday 1st August 1300-1600 BBC2
Saturday 2nd August 1330-1810 BBC1
Sunday 3rd August 1330-1800 BBC2

Thursday 31st July 1600-1715 BBCi
Friday 1st August 1600-1715 BBCi

TNT will broadcast as follows on Thursday & Friday with ABC broadcasting on Saturday & Sunday

Duration
Thursday 10:00 – 12:00 2:00
Friday 10:00 – 12:00 2:00
Saturday 13:30 – 15:00 1:30
Sunday 13:00 – 15:00 2:00

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I was glad to see Alfredsson win. Especially after watching her putting yips in the past, her putting in the playoff was impressive.

One thing bothered me though: after she won, Alfredsson did a victory dance, hugged her caddy, ran right past Choi, hugged and kissed her husband, ran past Choi again, hugged an official, then finally gave Choi a very brief pat on the back. Not the kind of sportsmanship I like to see in pro-golf.

Still, a very nice chassis for 43. :)

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Still, a very nice chassis for 43. :)

That's what I thought. I'm in good shape, but I'm not sure my belly ever needs to see daylight again.

And Harry--note that's not even 2 hours per day on TNT. One hour and 59 minutes--what's THAT about?

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
That's what I thought. I'm in good shape, but I'm not sure my belly ever needs to see daylight again.

Tease.

And for the record, I know lot's of ~43 y/o women with mint "chassis"
(Is "chassis" the plural of "chassis"?)

And Harry--note that's not even 2 hours per day on TNT. One hour and 59 minutes--what's THAT about?

I'll tell you what that's about. That's about 1 minute.
<groan>

I don't know. The Evian Masters had more TV time than the Women's British - a major. I am just baffled by the television treatment of women's golf. Why would TNT and ABC pick up the Women's British, only to give it marginal coverage? Why not allow The Golf Channel to do a full broadcast?

And if the LPGA is still buying airtime, why wouldn't they do so on TGC? More bang for the buck.

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
I hadn't realized how tall Helen Alfredsson is (5'10").

pp_Alfredsson_Helen_lg.jpg

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
And for the record, I know lot's of ~43 y/o women with mint "chassis"

A plural doesn't take an apostrophe. I'll bet those 43 y/os didn't give birth at age 41. At some point, skin doesn't snap back so quickly. That's probably not a visual anyone wants.
(Is "chassis" the plural of "chassis"?)

And you are correct--the plural of chassis is chassis. I'm embarrassed to say I had to look it up.

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
A plural doesn't take an apostrophe.

I can't believe I did that. That's just embarrassing.

I'll bet those 43 y/os didn't give birth at age 41. At some point, skin doesn't snap back so quickly. That's probably not a visual anyone wants.

One of them did. She was back in shape by 43. 42 wasn't pretty though.

But also, I'm pretty sure she's an alien. Not based on anything about her. It's her husband (who is my friend). He's just bizarre. Only an alien would marry, much less propagate with, him.

And you are correct--the plural of chassis is chassis. I'm embarrassed to say I had to look it up.

Okay, so we're even. Both 1-1.

This thread has taken a very strange turn. I blame myself.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
This thread has taken a very strange turn. I blame myself.

Too darn easy, but I can't resist: as well you should.

I had a Helen shot of my own yesterday. Chipped to one inch of the hole. One darn inch--which resulted in a bogey. Grrr. I've said it elsewhere but I truly believe there is some sort of grass out there that repels surlyn.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.