• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exciting News...

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Got some pretty big news, it was pretty exciting for us anyway...

We’ve moved!!!
The discussion had been going on in our house for a few months, some things happening at my wife’s work she’s not happy with. Some behind the scenes tricks going on... So when someone came in offering us A LOT more than what we paid for our home. That we had also outgrown. The writing was there on the wall...

We found a home in Sarnia, ON. Right at the Bluewater Bridge. Our house now is a lot larger, closer to school where our oldest will be starting in September (hopefully in person!!) and we ended up putting a healthy sum into the bank, for a rainy day. It’s been a whirlwind past few weeks, things moved a little too quickly for my liking. It was uncomfortable at times, so glad all that stress is behind us. Sarina is such a neat little city, I think its too big to be called a town?!?!?! Actually looking forward to actually getting out there and exploring it a little more as restrictions continue to ease.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Congrats!!! All except for the packing and unpacking of all your shit........condolences there. 😅
No kidding! Still missing stuff and finding other stuff, I’d figured was long gone! This will be our third full week in our new place, so starting to feel more settled.

Took the cats a little more than a week to kinda come around, that I felt a little bad about. It was a 3.5 car trip for them both. Longest ride either of them had ever been on and well cats and crates... enough said!!! We all survived, that was the main thing!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Awesome!! Your family has grown. Now, with the bigger home, you can have even more kids!!!! :>)

Enjoy your new home and community. Sounds like things worked out very good for you.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Got some pretty big news, it was pretty exciting for us anyway...

We’ve moved!!!
The discussion had been going on in our house for a few months, some things happening at my wife’s work she’s not happy with. Some behind the scenes tricks going on... So when someone came in offering us A LOT more than what we paid for our home. That we had also outgrown. The writing was there on the wall...

We found a home in Sarnia, ON. Right at the Bluewater Bridge. Our house now is a lot larger, closer to school where our oldest will be starting in September (hopefully in person!!) and we ended up putting a healthy sum into the bank, for a rainy day. It’s been a whirlwind past few weeks, things moved a little too quickly for my liking. It was uncomfortable at times, so glad all that stress is behind us. Sarina is such a neat little city, I think its too big to be called a town?!?!?! Actually looking forward to actually getting out there and exploring it a little more as restrictions continue to ease.
Congrats!!!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Enjoy your new home and community.
Well, a month and a bit in now and I’d say we are settled in. Things are feeling like home now! The community is very nice as well, our neighbors are great, all amenities are easily at our disposal. Char’s school is nice and close too, we have to walk which will be new, but I’m excited.

The golf community is one I’m looking forward to exploring, just haven’t had time. I’ve spied on a few places via google maps, but have yet to book a time. How would you break into a new golf community??

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The golf community is one I’m looking forward to exploring, just haven’t had time. I’ve spied on a few places via google maps, but have yet to book a time. How would you break into a new golf community??
Check with coworkers, neighbors, etc. and see if any play golf. See if they invite you to join them or if they recommend a course to try. When we moved to the KC area in 1990, didn't know anyone who played. Had a course a mile from the house. Began showing up there before they opened on weekend mornings. They would pair me with another two or three. Within a few weeks, I had a group I played quite a bit of golf with.
Most public courses are good about pairing folks up with others. "Kiss enough frogs and you might find a princess!" Good people play golf. Get seen around a course of your choice on a regular basis and I bet you will find a great group to join.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Check with coworkers, neighbors, etc. and see if any play golf. See if they invite you to join them or if they recommend a course to try. When we moved to the KC area in 1990, didn't know anyone who played. Had a course a mile from the house. Began showing up there before they opened on weekend mornings. They would pair me with another two or three. Within a few weeks, I had a group I played quite a bit of golf with.
Most public courses are good about pairing folks up with others. "Kiss enough frogs and you might find a princess!" Good people play golf. Get seen around a course of your choice on a regular basis and I bet you will find a great group to join.
This sounds very much like our, or my current situation here. It’s been a rather steep learning curve for us right now, getting settled and finding everything we needed. Thus golf has been on the back burner for a bit. Having visited the range the other weekend, it started the itch to get out and play, at least once in my new hood before the snow!!

Momma Bear is asking around at work, see if any of her co-workers’ hubbies play. I’ve been talking to a few neighbours as well. My best bet might just be going to a course and playing.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
If wifey is in favor of you playing, tell her you checked in with a number of courses. ALL the course in your new area REQUIRE a specific bag and specific type of clubs. You need approximately $2,000 to purchase the required "instruments" or you can't play. Wives believe anything! Well, except for mine!!!! :>)

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
If wifey is in favor of you playing, tell her you checked in with a number of courses. ALL the course in your new area REQUIRE a specific bag and specific type of clubs. You need approximately $2,000 to purchase the required "instruments" or you can't play. Wives believe anything! Well, except for mine!!!! :>)
While I may still give this a go... Momma Bear is pretty wise to a lot of my golf related BS and ClubHo’ing ways

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well... the darling wife if completely supportive of me getting out and playing some golf, she was very quick and almost ninja like, shooting down any golf shopping... 😔 LOL

Would appear I’ve gone to the golf store “for tees” and come home with extras, one too many times... was rather quick to point out my three sets, two bags with a third one full of just putters and wedges... what’s she trying to say???

🔥 Latest posts