• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exercise programs of the PGA Pros

gold nugget

Sep 1, 2006
I have read some great responses to the question of increasing your distance. But assuming that one were to incorporate these time tested concepts of the power golf swing , wouldn't it also make sense to undertake the arduous task of strengthening execises and flexibility training in order to increase the overall strength and rotation of the body?
Such a program used in conjunction with the many power swing techniques already discussed could only have a positive result.

Pehaps it is wrong for me to be surprised that few on today's PGA tour seem to exhibit the physical prowess of the unquestioned world champion. Please forgive me, but do any of you know of a specific regimen of exercise purportedly practiced by any of the tour leaders?

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
Physical prowess of a World Champion??

With the exeption to Tiger, most PGA pros are overweight and doughy looking. I can't really think of another pro who really looks all that physically impressive.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States

With the exeption to Tiger, most PGA pros are overweight and doughy looking. I can't really think of another pro who really looks all that physically impressive.

Adam Scott, Camillo Villegas, Sergio Garcia (questionable), Michael Campbell, Aaron Baddely, Darren Clark, Geoff Ogilvy, Phail Mickelson, John Daly, ok I got a little off track, but there are more than Tiger. :)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
You're missing one monster there....

Goosen. He's a freaking tank

Shea_Butler

Aug 31, 2006
so back on topic does anyone have any workouts that have been proven to work or not. i am trying one new one out that i along with some planning by gold nugget figured out and should in theory work but we ll see in about a month... so anyone with helpful information on this topic i am interested in seeing as well
good luck
shea

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006

I think that was the point that gold nugget was making. :)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Start moving furniture for a living. Your forearms will quickly become larger than your biceps. Your back will become ridiculously strong as well as the abdominal muscles. I need to do some squats to build up my lower half but as far as upper body muscles used in golf I'm not doing too bad. I have natural flexibility. When I play I just tie my shoes while standing straight legged and then put my fists on the ground for 5-10seconds. Stretching complete... time for a pull-hook.
icon10.gif

jc@bg

Style guru
Sep 10, 2004
Let's not forget Stuart Appleby. A cage match between Appleby and Goosen would break the cage.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
A friend of mine knows Todd Hamilton and said that the guy was ripped, strong as an ox and fit as hell.

I would say it goes without saying that the modern day pro is much more savvy to physical fittness than the pros of yesteryear.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online