• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Explain to me, please!!!!!!!!

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I posted in another thread about the 600 yard par 5 first at the muni right by my house. I suck to begin with, but have made leaps and bounds since I started. Not on this hole though. It got to the point where I felt like penciling in 10 and starting on hole number 2. Sad thing is the one time I did par the hole I went on to get a 9 on the 270 yard par 4 that is hole number 2.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Stupid game. I went 107 last time out. The time before that on the same course I shot 92. The real kick in the nuts was that I was actually putting fairly well (for me) during the 107 round. More 1 and 2 putts than 3s, where I'm normally more 3s than 2s with a very (VERY) rare 1. And a friggin' 107. I lost so many balls I resorted back to using cheap-o and shag balls I keep in the bag for the wife to use around water on the rare occasion she plays.

That's my goal this year - consistency. But I'm not so stingy that I want to be consistently good. I just want to be able to refocus and not have a complete blow-up round. If I have a blow-up hole I want to have the sense to go back to basics, take it easy, and even short-club myself straight if I have to. Currently I'm like Tin Cup on the 18th (but on every damn hole,) and I need to learn to play it smart and easy when things start going wrong.

rolltherock

Dec 9, 2008
Someone please explain to me, how I can crush my driver, occasionally. Legit 300+ sometimes, (gps verified), then turn around and catch one on the heel and dribble it 175 the next hole. How I can pure a 3 or 4 iron on one hole, to within mere feet from the flag, and shank a pitching wedge the next?

And How can I four jack 3 holes on the course, and then drain EVERYTHING on the practice green after the round?

I know, I'm a hack, I don't make my living at this game, but geez, How can I shoot a 82 one day, and a 97 the next?

:faintthud

To quote LimpaLong, I hate this game, I love this game, I HATE it!!!!!!

It's called amateur golf.....we are mere mortals compared to the freaks who do it for a living. Heck I still can't get over how much better my friend Chad is who has played in a few U.S. Amateur qualifying events. He couldn't even make the cut in a Hooters Tour event on his best day and he beats me while he is sleep walking! It's all relative.....and addictive!

chezy

Sep 21, 2009
For starters, you'll eliminate all inconsistencies in your Long game and instantly correct all errors in your iron play... In addition to that, you'll add 40 yards-plus to every iron club in your bag… And automatically force your iron shots to be more accurate and precise like a laser guided missile! Best of all, it's so Simple.... Easy and Fast!

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
For starters, you'll eliminate all inconsistencies in your Long game and instantly correct all errors in your iron play... In addition to that, you'll add 40 yards-plus to every iron club in your bag… And automatically force your iron shots to be more accurate and precise like a laser guided missile! Best of all, it's so Simple.... Easy and Fast!

wtf, over.

295yards

May 5, 2009
Someone please explain to me, how I can crush my driver, occasionally. Legit 300+ sometimes, (gps verified), then turn around and catch one on the heel and dribble it 175 the next hole. How I can pure a 3 or 4 iron on one hole, to within mere feet from the flag, and shank a pitching wedge the next?

And How can I four jack 3 holes on the course, and then drain EVERYTHING on the practice green after the round?

I know, I'm a hack, I don't make my living at this game, but geez, How can I shoot a 82 one day, and a 97 the next?

:faintthud

To quote LimpaLong, I hate this game, I love this game, I HATE it!!!!!!

I'm the same lately. Before I used to be able to hit every club pretty much the same distances and only had to worry mostly about my dispersion. Somethings happened and I feel like I'm 50/50. One day i'll hit everything within reason and the next I'm like WTF?

I just had my worst round in a very long time of 88 three weeks ago and my whole game has not recovered fully.

I can go out for a range session and feel like I have everything figured out and get asked to play a quick round and all of a sudden my swing is lost...
For me, I think my mind starts analysing everything WAY TOO much.

Set-up, check...take away, check...top of swing, check...FIRE!

"Hey man, nice shot"..."SHUT UP!...Uhmm, sorry ma'am I shouldn't have yelled at your kid" LOL

295yards

May 5, 2009
I think i'm going to go back to work on hitting short irons until all my shots get progressively better.

Once my 9i is sound, I'll move on until I feel like I can get through my whole bag.

Oh yeah, I'm also going to spend ALOT of time chipping and putting. I really need this more than ever since I am hardly hitting greens and putting higher than my age,,,and I'm not getting any younger!!!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
After much work and study, I have rediscovered Hogan's Secret to a great golf swing.

This is the real Secret, not the fake one he gave to the magazines, or even one of the wannabe Secrets that posers like Fleck, Harmon, and Leadbetter want to charge you millions of dollars to "teach" you.

I pity the fools.

No, only I have the real Secret.

And I'm keeping it.

pfffffffffffffffffffft!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I've chipped in 3 times in my last 3 rounds. But I'm really stacking the deck, as I have a LOT of chances to chip considering the amount of greens I DON'T hit x_x

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
After much work and study, I have rediscovered Hogan's Secret to a great golf swing.

This is the real Secret, not the fake one he gave to the magazines, or even one of the wannabe Secrets that posers like Fleck, Harmon, and Leadbetter want to charge you millions of dollars to "teach" you.

I pity the fools.

No, only I have the real Secret.

And I'm keeping it.

pfffffffffffffffffffft!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So...the secret is to hit really short drives? or just be old? :D

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
How come I can go to the shitty par 3 course where they have mats instead of tee boxes & I can nail every single shot either on the green or it goes over the green. But put my ball on a nice tidy fairway & have a hell of a time hitting the goddamn ball properly?

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
I can't explain; but I can understand. I usually describe my game as "consistently inconsistent". I can be inconsistent from shot-to-shot, hole-to -hole, or front side-to-back side. As an example...I shot 52 on the front yesterday and followed it with a 41 on the back side. Interestingly, the back side is usually recognized as the most difficult on my home course.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
How come I can go to the shitty par 3 course where they have mats instead of tee boxes & I can nail every single shot either on the green or it goes over the green. But put my ball on a nice tidy fairway & have a hell of a time hitting the goddamn ball properly?

Probably because you hitting the mats before the ball, and still making some sorta good contact.

Thats why hitting off mats sucks ass.

Members online

No members online now.