• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Extreme Ho'ism (my room)

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
youngun5 said:
nice carpet, i suspect you have the break figured out...?

fancy shag bag, (last photo on the right) i use an old bucket in the backyard

sherman, you getting rid of the MP-001 ? what are the specs ?

wtf is a "shag bag"???

shag, n.6 coarse slang. [f. shag v.3]
a. An act of copulation.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Kilted Arab said:
wtf is a "shag bag"???

shag, n.6 coarse slang. [f. shag v.3]
a. An act of copulation.

Yer thinkin along the same lines as a wank sock eh Kilted ??? :D

OP
N

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
younggun-i'm not going to get rid of it yet. It's shafted with a TX-90 steel at about 44", and is one of my 2 main drivers right now

OP
N

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
'tis a 3 wood, aye mate

but here's the rub....'tim not new, rather, this has been borne of a miscalculated attempt to hit the ball and a touch up with nail polish

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hey Neal,

You better send me those 300's, i'll give them a quick check to make sure they're still ok to play with.

PS....i retired the Miz hybrid in favour of the original MP-33 3 iron. I've been hitting my irons extremely consistently and decided to tempt fate...

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Rockford35 said:
Hey Neal,

You better send me those 300's, i'll give them a quick check to make sure they're still ok to play with.

PS....i retired the Miz hybrid in favour of the original MP-33 3 iron. I've been hitting my irons extremely consistently and decided to tempt fate...

R35

Another guy I got to duke it out with for the 300's???

By the way it's decided - I hit 2 bombs off the tee today ~270 with that new Miz 3W. I need to get me a new driver with the Aldila shaft... don't really care what make, as long as it has that shaft and a 440 or so cc head on it :D

OP
N

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
VTDivot-buy the MP-001 driver. It's the shiz. See al the driver's in that pic. It's the best. Finds every fairway, but that might be the result of the 44'' TX-90 steel shaft. Whatever, it works

Rock-I knocked out my Rescue Mids as well, tempting fate with my Cleveland TA3's

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
nsherman2006 said:
VTDivot-buy the MP-001 driver. It's the shiz. See al the driver's in that pic. It's the best. Finds every fairway, but that might be the result of the 44'' TX-90 steel shaft. Whatever, it works

Rock-I knocked out my Rescue Mids as well, tempting fate with my Cleveland TA3's

I hit the Miz 400 cc a few months ago with the NV. While I loved it's consistency, I found it to be about 10-15 yards or so shorter than my 580XD, and no room for error with the "smaller" head LOL. Plus it's one heavy sombitch too.

OP
N

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
i have found i lose yardage, but dayum this thing is straight. Im not sure if the lost yardage is due to the shorter, heavier club, but i like it. The 400cc version is perfect for me in size and weight, and ill probably pick up a few more to try different shafts in

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
nsherman2006 said:
i have found i lose yardage, but dayum this thing is straight. Im not sure if the lost yardage is due to the shorter, heavier club, but i like it. The 400cc version is perfect for me in size and weight, and ill probably pick up a few more to try different shafts in

sniff....sniff... the little brother I always wanted :(

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Heavy? Was it the Comp, VT?

I've seen the comp, but never hit it. It felt about the same as the Fusion or the Launcher to my untrained eye, but to each their own.

How about you buy that Miz and if it sucks, send it my way. It think it's win-win here, how about it? ;)

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Rockford35 said:
Heavy? Was it the Comp, VT?

I've seen the comp, but never hit it. It felt about the same as the Fusion or the Launcher to my untrained eye, but to each their own.

How about you buy that Miz and if it sucks, send it my way. It think it's win-win here, how about it? ;)

R35

It wasn't the comp - it was the 400cc MP001. I posted a review a while back about my experience with it. I was mostly impressed with the shaft. I found the club itself to be about average for a 400cc titanium head.

OP
N

nsherman2006

Jan 4, 2005
VT- i know you dont want to hear this, but i thought the club was average or slightly below the first time i tried it. Even when i nutted the thing, it didnt go close to where my other drivers did. But for some reason i threw it in the bag with a Cobra SS350 and played a round. The Mizuno gave me much better results. I go to the range with it now and am only maybe 10 yards shy of my original distances, but the dispersion is unbelievable tight, and the more i use it , the more i like it. However, when i tried a friend's club, with the exact same head and a graphite shaft, i wanted to throw the club in the woods. Good hits went nowhere, i could hook it, slice it, top it, it was just BAD. So if ya ever see a steel-shafted version, give it a try

🔥 Latest posts