• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Extreme Ho'ism (my room)

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
rct20 said:
Just for the record...an "apartment" is a form of dwelling just like a "house" or a "shack" or a "trailer", etc. A "Condo" or a "Co-op" describes the legal form of ownership of the property.

Whatever...anyway, in Manhattan, where EVERYTHING is "an apartment" or a townhouse, we don't say I bought a condo, or co-op. We say, I bought a "place", and then you ask, Condo or Co-op?

Anyway, golf equipment is way more interesting...just thought I'd clarify my semantics.

Nothing like buying airspace!

Co-ops...those things are trouble man. Take a strata and make it a billion times more nosy...voila, co-op.

"We live in the same co-op so I have a right to look through your garbage and peek in your windows".

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Silver said:
"We live in the same co-op so I have a right to look through your garbage and peek in your windows".

Your neighbours are raccoons?

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
oh, I've never lived in a co-op, just heard total horror stories

my gf and her mom used to live in one, and when I worked at the law firm, we constantly had co-op people coming in...either trying to kick someone out for doing something behind closed doors or complaining about people out to get them

that's the other thing, they're full of nuts

rct20

Aug 3, 2005
Rockford35 said:
LOL, thanks man.

I live in a house. Is that called something different in Manhattan?

Starbucks, perhaps? :D

Cheers,

R35

Townhouse. If you have a yard/space where you can actually walk around to the back from the front, it might be called a house, but I don't think any of those exist in Manhattan. Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island have "houses". I'm sure this is too much information by now!
icon11.gif

🔥 Latest posts