• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Extremely easy to hit 3 wood?

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
Im terrible at hitting woods(except my driver i hit quite nicely), especially off of the fairway(or with no tee).

I have never carried a 3 wood(or any other one) for this reason, but my swing is starting to come together and i feel comfortable hitting just about every other club in my bag except the long irons...

I have been looking at some 3 woods and want to know the easiest hitting ones there are out there.

I tried the hibore 3 wood yesterday and hit it terribly, it was just hard for me to hit...i tried a callaway X 3 wood and just pulled the thing like crazy....

Any suggestions?

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
R7 ti 3wood hits lovely. it hits further then my ft-3 3wood and it has a shorter shaft. I'm really beginning to like TM.

OP
lildudejds

lildudejds

Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
alright maybe ill give TMs a try at the range tomorrow.

Side note: i bought a range pass at a local course(which has a really really nice practice facility) for 125 dollars. It lasts 3 months. Unlimited balls. Sound like a good deal? ill defanitly get my money worth, im gonna be up there everyday...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Let's not get silly here.

Callaway Steelhead III or Cleveland Launcher Ti.

Both are easily the most forgiving fairways ever.

R35

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
not a bad deal. it would cost me 150 at the course near me and they don't have demo clubs.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
My old 3W, 200steel was a good one, I also have the 4Wood which was barely behind it off the tee and supereasy to hit off the deck. I could smoke it 230-235 no problem. I still have them so shoot me a PM if you are at all interested.

J.J.

May 13, 2007
i have a callaway big bertha hawkeye 3 wood with a garffaloy prolaunch blue stiff flex shaft.. it is the easiest to hit club i've ever swung.. i love it.. its great off the tee and awesome off of the fairway.. i was actually using it as my driver until i got my g5.. i could carry the ball around 230-240 with it consistantly.. i'd prolly sell it if you were interested

OP
lildudejds

lildudejds

Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
Thanks for the quick replies! Ill see what i can hit tomorrow...

Im not sure if the shop will have some of these suggested ones, but ill see.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
Adams makes a very easy to hit fairway wood, some places still have the Tight Lies clubs, but the newer LP fairways are low profile and easy to get in the air.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Tour Edge Exotics. Best 3-wood I have ever played and it won't be leaving the bag anytime soon.

Bubble Head

Oct 14, 2006
So don't get a 3 wood. Get a 16* hybrid. Almost as long and easier to hit, especially for a bad lie. I still can't hit a 3 wood off grass to save my life, but I am getting decent with my Cobra. I can carry my driver 230 and I hit a 215 par 3 with my Cobra a couple days ago.

Irish

May 9, 2007
I second the tour edge exoctics...great little club..won't be leaving my bag either as a result have a cally erc fusion 3-wood lying around my house....however for ease to hit you won't go far wrong with the taylor made...but I'd definately demo the tour edge too

🔥 Latest posts