• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Extremely hard to swallow....

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
After 22 years of adult membership and 17 years as a youth and countless fond memories with a group of guys I have played hundreds of rounds with - I am being suspended from my club at the end of next week. This is where I learned to swim as a 5 year-old, learned to play golf at 10....and where my children have grown up as well. They are not going to understand it - especially my autistic one who worships the pool and my teenager who uses the fitness center. Big red flags going up to the kids, as a good club is truly like a 'second home' for its members and ours is that way for me. We have a staff of 150 and honestly it is not uncommon on any given year, to have 3-4 employees retire after fifty (50) years of service. I am 53 and have known the locker room manager since I was 5....used to toddle in after my dad...they become almost an extension of your home and the fondness between staff and members is close.

I have not had a drop of income in eight months and am trying to pay utilities and other key bills to keep going. A tough situation all the way around....having a regular group, not needing to make tee times, just showing up when you feel like playing is golf heaven to me...if I am able to get some income in the door, I will be able to return (fortunately) by making up my past due amounts....but if things don't turn around, it will all be gone...

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Wow, that really sux Bravo! I hate to hear that. Hopefully things will turn around for you soon.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Our economy is not that bad....just a long run of tough luck....still out there hacking at it though...I got stuck in a big hole and can't seem to climb out.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Unreal, J. Simply unreal.

In the larger picture, it's about doing what's best for your family. Food on the table is worth more than opportune tee times in anyone's eyes.

Good things happen to good people. This will work out, I can feel it.

Keep your chin up.

Thomas

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I'm sorry to read this, Bravo. I truly hope things turn around for you and soon!

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Sorry to hear Bravo, things will turn around and you guys will get everything taken care of!

Wish your family the best!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
You have my best thoughts with you. Like Rock, I have a feeling all will work out for the best.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Echoing the sentiments of others here...

Take Care, and good luck.

🔥 Latest posts