• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Facebook, anyone use it?

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
United States United States
Just curious to see who all may actually use it. I have been using it more lately to keep up with other golf buddies that live out of state. As well as my buddies from the Marine Corps. I searched the forums here and didn't see any topic in regards so an apology to the moderator if this isn't the proper forum for it.

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
I deleted mine a few weeks ago. I use LinkedIn for networking business wise. I never really got much out of Facebook.

OP
dedicatedhacker

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
I deleted mine a few weeks ago. I use LinkedIn for networking business wise. I never really got much out of Facebook.

I get ya there, I recently found if you find some good pages you can have some good humor show up when your bored. I've never heard if that site, what's it all about?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I have Facebook. I find it useful for seeing which of my friends are bipolar, through their time wasting 'cry for attention' posts.
awww.steeleraddicts.com_forum_images_smilies_crazy.gif
For some reason chicks seem to think its interesting to tell everyone else when they do something really unimportant. If I see another Facebooker post a photo of what they've had for dinner I'll go postal ...
awww.steeleraddicts.com_forum_images_smilies_hunter1.gif

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have started using it more. I am more of a "Facebook stalker" than anything. I just go on and check things out.

I tried twitter but couldnt' figure it out.

I have not tried linkedin yet but plan to.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Only on Facebook to keep up with some of our kids. A DIL posts waaayyy too much info, but that let's us know when she's mad at our son. A SIL posts nothing but heavy political c**p, keeping me satisfied he'll never have any redeeming values!:D

OP
dedicatedhacker

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
I have started using it more. I am more of a "Facebook stalker" than anything. I just go on and check things out.

I tried twitter but couldnt' figure it out.

I have not tried linkedin yet but plan to.

Ya twitter, about that. I didn't much care for it, possibly due to the 39 seconds I attempted to understand it then walked away from it.

OP
dedicatedhacker

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
Only on Facebook to keep up with some of our kids. A DIL posts waaayyy too much info, but that let's us know when she's mad at our son. A SIL posts nothing but heavy political c**p, keeping me satisfied he'll never have any redeeming values!:D

Ya it seems fb has turned into a political arena these days I finally figured out how to get certain peoples posts not to show up in my feed so I'm not constantly seeing pictures of this or that politician and the constant negativity that comes with that.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I have Facebook. I find it useful for seeing which of my friends are bipolar, through their time wasting 'cry for attention' posts.
awww.steeleraddicts.com_forum_images_smilies_crazy.gif
For some reason chicks seem to think its interesting to tell everyone else when they do something really unimportant. If I see another Facebooker post a photo of what they've had for dinner I'll go postal ...
awww.steeleraddicts.com_forum_images_smilies_hunter1.gif
The best part about fb is "unsubscribing" from those people. My newsfeed is basically all sports pages. :D

OP
dedicatedhacker

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
The best part about fb is "unsubscribing" from those people. My newsfeed is basically all sports pages. :D

I was pretty happy when I figured out you could do that. Mine is mostly military support pages and pictures of scantly dressed women showing up in mine :cool:

🔥 Latest posts