• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fade

Wheelerm

GET IN THE HOLE!
Oct 11, 2005
How can you stop your shot being faded on drives???????????

HELP PLS!!!!

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Why? Jack Nicklaus faded his drives,as does Woods,and many,many more.

OP
Wheelerm

Wheelerm

GET IN THE HOLE!
Oct 11, 2005
Because i can not really judge what fade it will have like how much it will fade so i see it as a bad thing really but i surpose it could be used as an asset

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
If you can't judge it, then it is obviously more than a 'fade.' A 'fade' is a gentle, controllable left-to-right ball flight, therefore if you are struggling to control this motion you are suffering a cut or slice, which is a pretty weak, distance-robbing shot.

What I do when I want to hit a draw is aim to aim to ever-so-slightly "roll" the right hand at impact. This will promote helping the clubface to turn over very slightly, and hence promote that straighter shot.
You may be "coming out" of the shot, which will in turn promote a 'cut.' Try keeping your left eye positioned on the ball until you have swept it away. This will help you to prevent "coming over the top", and out of the golf shot.
Try also to keep your weight on your right side for a little longer before transferring it on your downswing. You can also try aiming your clubface at your intended target & aiming shoulders & hips, etc right of target. Just tinker with these things and you should be reet after a little while...:)

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Rolling the wrists for a draw is fine,if everything else before it is ok.Do it on top of a bad takeaway and it will be a disaster.I think you need to diagnose the problem first before looking for a cure.

Don

Aug 23, 2005
Try hitting the ball with the clubface closed a few degrees at address, and see if that doesn't stop the fade. Or set up square and rotate your hand postion clockwise, for a stronger grip, works about the way.

OP
Wheelerm

Wheelerm

GET IN THE HOLE!
Oct 11, 2005
Thanks for all your help, its because i stand farward in my stace i think so therefore make contact with the ball later, slicing it.

Thanks again =D

Members online

No members online now.