• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fair weather golfer!

The master

Oct 24, 2004
I am sick of playing in cold Northern Blustery winds, teaming rain, and on a winter crappy course.

It's puting me off and it's not doing my game any good, I think I'm just going to go to the range and work on my swing.

But boy I wish I was in a warm tropical climate, playing a round of golf with a cool beverage, crusing on my way to a 68. :)

Sorry for those guys who are covered in snow (espeically RF35) who is probably suffering from withdraw symptoms as we speak.

Anyway; who else hates the bad weather, for golf?

SilverBullet

Oct 11, 2005
I am with you master. I can't stand the poor weather. Here in San Antonio, It will barely hit 70 degrees this week! I can't wait for it to get back up to 75.:beach3:

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Yeah but the flipside of that

Playing on brown fairways and astroturf greens, got to love Texas.

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
Where I live, you learn to deal with it.:canadafla
snowbag.JPG

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
The master said:
Anyway; who else hates the bad weather, for golf?

Me - it is pure wank. I can assure you that it is worse down my way as well ! Freezing, driving icey winds, tee-ing up, slow greens, shortened courses. Wank-dog. Those Yankydoodledandies don't have a clue in how to play in 'tough' conditions/././././././

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Andy_79 said:
Me - it is pure wank. I can assure you that it is worse down my way as well ! Freezing, driving icey winds, tee-ing up, slow greens, shortened courses. Wank-dog. Those Yankydoodledandies don't have a clue in how to play in 'tough' conditions/././././././

Hey Andy, how's that job as Ambassador of foriegn relations coming along. You certainly seem to be a natural at it. :confused:

longiron

May 2, 2005
Got a freash coat of snow last night 3" more. I hate this state. It was 50 and raining last week and now this, next week 50 and more rain.

jd380yd

Clay
Jan 18, 2006
Yeah i hate the cold weather for playing golf. It is not the ideal temperatures here either, we just got a fresh coat of about 2 inches of snow last night and now, the fairways , since this is about our 4 snow of the year, are so brown and terrible, that I'm not going to be able to play golf until it starts warming up, which won't be for a while. Good luck to ya man, go to the range.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Winter is the best time to play golf in the north. No waiting around for other groups. Frozen ponds are great for driving distance. Gives you an excuse to play orange golf balls again.

Down here in Florida, the courses are more crowded and more expensive. You never get the "frozen faiway bounce". Still have to take a cart at most courses.

I miss the solitude of northern winter golf. I still have the winter golf gloves in one of my bags along with a set of ear muffs and knit hat. You guys don't know what your missing.

MassenaRedRaiders

Dec 30, 2005
I wouldn't mind playing some golf I haven't played in 4 months because of the snow. Nice Picture of the bag that looks like mine about this time of year.

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
For 6 months of the year here the temp is between 40 and 50 degrees C. That's 104 - 122 F. And for 2-3 of those months the humidity is horrendous.

Having played in these conditions - and the cold/wet....gimme the cold and wet anytime.

🔥 Latest posts