• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fairway wood or hybrid?

phatheadaf

Jul 20, 2008
woods = old school?

Just kidding... but seriously I thought the mentality was hitting the wood was easier for slower swingers... but honestly, i'm about 60% solid with the FW, and I only play a 3W as you can see below. I hit a hybrid, and use it for a lot of other shots. I use it off the tee, and choke down in the fairway for more accuracy, and i chip, and even putted a competative round with it cuz i left my putter by my bed as it was so early before the round I forgot it :wow:

that being said, i'd prefer to be able to play better wood shots. honeslty I only use mine as a secondary driver on wholes that I want to be able to put a full swing on something, without worrying about blowing thru the fairway or whatever.

A.

rubber314chicken

Thats what she said
Dec 27, 2007
I hit a hybrid, and use it for a lot of other shots. I use it off the tee, and choke down in the fairway for more accuracy, and i chip, and even putted a competative round with it cuz i left my putter by my bed as it was so early before the round I forgot it :wow:

wait- so people will sleep with putters other than scotty's? I find that hard to believe.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online