• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Faldo says we should get rid of the tee

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
This is the only thing I can see being viable. Clubs already have limits, the ball is the only thing that's been a free-for-all.

Meh distance is only an issue for pros and top amateurs. The way the tour is now, most weeks it comes down to a putting contest anyway. Grow the rough, narrow the fairways, let the fairways play a little softer so the ball doesn’t act like it’s landing on a runway. I bet some of these old “short” courses become less obsolete.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Meh distance is only an issue for pros and top amateurs. The way the tour is now, most weeks it comes down to a putting contest anyway. Grow the rough, narrow the fairways, let the fairways play a little softer so the ball doesn’t act like it’s landing on a runway. I bet some of these old “short” courses become less obsolete.

YES!!! This very much so Jim. I couldn’t agree more, I can’t remember where I heard it, but someone said, once you make a tour pro start to think. They get into trouble... deeper rough and narrow fairways would get into a lot of heads.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
45955_5.jpg

tee2n-5-web.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Can’t be, none of them had arms to take a 9 iron to a Porsche...
Saw a Corvette that a distraught "lady" crawled up on the hood and pound her spike heels into the fiberglass until both heels broke. And, another 'Vette that a young lady took a 20 oz. Estwing claw hammer to. It never ceases to amaze me the damage a jilted lady with a little alcohol in her system can do in a very short amount of time.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Saw a Corvette that a distraught "lady" crawled up on the hood and pound her spike heels into the fiberglass until both heels broke. And, another 'Vette that a young lady took a 20 oz. Estwing claw hammer to. It never ceases to amaze me the damage a jilted lady with a little alcohol in her system can do in a very short amount of time.

They need alcohol?

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
This is the only thing I can see being viable. Clubs already have limits, the ball is the only thing that's been a free-for-all.
And Jack Nicklaus just agreed with me on live TV, calling out the USGA and R&A to fix the ball after watching Dechambeau hit back-to-back drives of over 400 yards (407 and 423).

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
And Jack Nicklaus just agreed with me on live TV, calling out the USGA and R&A to fix the ball after watching Dechambeau hit back-to-back drives of over 400 yards (407 and 423).

He’s been saying that for years. You may have been too, I wasn’t listening lol

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Why don't we all go back to persimmon drivers and wound golf balls? When did you ever hear of the old greats ever going to the gym? It was usually the bar. There wasn't anyone back then bulked up like DeChambaugh, or Tiger, or Koepka etc.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Why don't we all go back to persimmon drivers and wound golf balls? When did you ever hear of the old greats ever going to the gym? It was usually the bar. There wasn't anyone back then bulked up like DeChambaugh, or Tiger, or Koepka etc.

Except Gary Player and Frank Stranahan.......

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online