• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fall golf

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
This is my favorite time of the year for golf. My game is the best it's been all year and nobody is at the course. My bud and I were the only people at the course this afternoon, including employees. We have season passes, so I didn't feel too guilty heading out onto the tee.

I birdied the first after a fantastic drive and a wedge to 10 feet. For the next hole we played from the tips on the ninth to the third green. You have to hit at least 270 to catch the third fairway from there, your shot has to draw 30 yards, and you have a 20 yard window to hit through about 150 yards away. Fun hole to say the least. The next hole we played the fourth tee to the fifth green, across the seventh and up the fairway of the sixth. Continued playing random holes from there. Nobody said I had to play the holes in order. :emot-ange

Does anybody else make up their own holes when the course is empty?

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
This is my favorite time of the year for golf. My game is the best it's been all year and nobody is at the course.

I do like feeling like i'm sneaking in the last few rounds before the weather changes completely.

Fall golf can be the most frustrating for me too though. Losing balls in the leaves after "not horrible" shots is certainly up there among the most frustrating things that have ever happened to me on a golf course.

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
nice and cool 45* this morning in the Carolina's.. perfect crisp day.. did not play . but right now find myself taking more breaks outside to hit balls.. the window is open for a short period.. get out and play!!

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
Yep it was around 50* or so here in PA today, went out and golfed 9 holes. Had to get out and try the new 695s, what sweet ass clubs btw. But yeh only problem now will start to be the leaves and junk on the course. Along with hunting season of course.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Love golfing in the cool weather while everyone else is inside...however i do HATE losing balls in the fairway under the leaves...

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Mike---As if that's your real name. Making up new hole on an empty course is a favorite past time. Why not?????

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
I definitely enjoy golfing in the fall. My home course looks like its no longer on everyone's GPS, so it clears out pretty good. Busy week for me, haven't played since Sunday. Looking forward to at least 3 rounds thru the weekend.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Most of the courses I play are set in such a way where I can't.

I do enjoy fall golf, even though I much prefer blistering heat to shivering cold.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I love playing this time of year. Play all you want and never break a sweat. The leaves do create problems though.

And the way my home course is set up there are only 2 holes you could change up and play differently.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I'm headed out in a little while to play in a scramble for work. Should be sunny and in the mid-70's. Just a gentle breeze. Perfect golf weather.

And also...

"A bad day on the golf course always beats a good day at work". :D

Should be fun as I'll be playing with a bunch of other electronics nerds and parts salesmen.

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
I played a new course yesterday largely because it has no trees ( allegedly "links" style, but mainly just a normal course with no trees ) and I was shocked that the two regulars I played with said this'd be there last round of the year. It was sunny and about 65, with a pretty good wind, but still? October 2nd? I'll play through about Thanksgiving, normally. It's cheap, and fast.

But these guys have a nice golf course with no leaves on it, and aren't going to play? WTH?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm playing through the Winter. Will be brutal, but I'm doin it!

RCI

Jul 26, 2008
Yep, it's a great time to play right now... Nice weather and your body does not stiffen up from the cold. Oops, it was 92 degrees today and I played in shorts -- sorry, could not resist.

🔥 Latest posts