• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Family going low today

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
I just have that feeling. Pumped to get out there. Been hitting my irons great and the driver pretty good. Was practice putting yesterday afternoon at my club and the head pro was out there. Started talking to him and he gave me a couple tips so I don't peek on short putts and keep my head still on the putter takeaway. If I can get the damn ball in the hole, today should be a good day.

My 12 year old daughter got a set of new TM r7 irons yesterday and was stroking them beautifully on the range. She's pumped, too.

Our pumpitude is rubbing off on Mom, the hacker in the family. I gave her a few tips yesterday on the range. She was too close to the ball and her ball position and alignment was all screwed up making her come over the top and pull/hook or top the ball. She started hitting them great, too. She went to the golf store early this morning by herself and got some balls and a new visor she is so stoked.

I've been up since 6:00 because I'm so revved up about playing. Family golf rules around here. Our house looks like a bag room at a country club. Our yard looks like a jungle, but the golf course is in great shape.

There, now I've taunted the golf gods. I'll be back tonight to crow or eat crow.

Kevin

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Go out there and have a blast with the family, don't worry about what you shoot, just have fun.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Have fun. My wife has started back after a 18 month absence, so I'm eyeing up mixed doubles opportunities already. She's a bit of a bandit off 29. Only thing is I can't get my kids interested this year. Every time I offer to take them out they refuse. They are still yound 9 & 7 so I still hope to con them into playing more.

OP
Esox

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Papa Bear, 37-37 for 74. 2 Birds, 2 Bogeys, 1 Double, 32 putts. Missed three other good birdie chances by a bear hair.

Mama Bear, 61-53 for 114. Aye Carumba! Angry Mama Bear.

Baby Bear, 55-52 for 107. Baby Bear a little disappointed but a trooper sluggin' it out all day. Secretly happy she whomped Mama Bear.

Friend Bear, 40-45 for 85. He putts worse than me.

A good time was had by all (except Mama Bear). Some serious solar radiation hitting SE Cheeseland today. I feel fried even with the 50 SPF. Enter the rough and the mosquitoes were like P-47s, and little black fly type things were also a major annoyance.

Celebrating the our nations B-Day tomorrow, then the Girl and I take down her cousin and her husband on Sunday. We're playing for Le Ducs frozen custard cones or sundaes after the round. I'm confident we'll be eating on their dime.

Kevin

The south side of par is right around the corner.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Great round, Kevin! Mama Bear will come around. Heck, my pro is trying to get me less open at address, and all of a sudden I'm slicing every shot. Trying to find the happy medium. Your wife will find hers.

I played my little muni with Hubby, Boo Girl, and a girlfriend. My friend was very impressed with Boo's swing, which made her feel good. And made me forget my awful tee shots.

OP
Esox

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Isn't it cool when others recognize your kid's swing?

My Wife's game really went south our last two rounds. I'm trying to keep mine together and keep my daughter upbeat and focused and I've lost track of her. Today she only hit a couple good shots. All arms, no turn, horrible follow through. Really, really discouraged on couple holes.

I need to set her up with a lesson. She never really cared too much before, 105 to 110 was good enough, but now we're all out there so much and she's not liking playing so badly. I think she's feeling a little left out. Grace is outhitting her by 20-30 yards, and is a couple of putts falling from breaking 100, which my Wife has never done.

We'll get it figured out so she's consistent at least, and then she'll be more comfortable.

Kevin

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Boo's not outhitting me yet, but that will come. Particulary since my nice little draw had turned into a big fade, if not an outright hook...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.