• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Family Truckster

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Picked this up for the fam...3 kids and probably another one eventually...also thinkin about a dog...plus I needed a wanted a 4x4 for hunting and winter. It's only a weekend/family/hunting vehicle...so it will probably only get 5-7k miles on it a year. Keeping both our cars for commuters.

2002 with 112k on it. Mechanical and interior are immaculate and very well maintained...exterior has scratches/dents/etc of an older vehicle though...plus some hail damage but I'm not too worried about how it looks.

YUOCRTL.jpg

7c3F5vL.jpg

rJteJWP.jpg

vD6qSGz.jpg

LaTYp6f.jpg

b2B3itE.jpg

He0kalG.jpg

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
5.3l

They stopped making the 5.7 at the tail end of 1999.

I really wish it was the 3/4 ton and had the 6.5l diesel in it...but those are pretty much impossible to find.

I looked at some Yukon XL's too, as they're pretty much the exact same vehicle.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Our current tow vehicle is a 2013 GMC Sierra with the 5.3L. It hauls a steel trailer, a whole bedload of tools and spare parts and a 3600 lb racecar with no problem, other than the 12.5mpg it gets when loaded that heavy.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Speaking of diesel...I've been watching a bunch of Cummins swap videos...

Now I want to find a donor truck and put a 12 valve 5.9l Cummins in this thing...maybe with a 5 speed? Damn it, this could get expensive.
Don't do it. Engine swaps get real funky, especially when changing fuels.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Yeah, it's not going to happen anytime soon. No way is wife unit going to let me put this truck out of commission for 6+ months to drop a diesel in it.

Down the road, if this thing stays nice enough to become a 'toy' i might think about it. Although I think it would be a lot more cool looking to have a Cummins in a two door late 90's Tahoe...

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I picked up some Weathertech floor mats and sun shade (since the truck is going to be on the street facing south). I had their mats for my F150 and they're downright amazing. Expensive($190 for two front and the mid seat)...but damn if they don't keep every ounce of water/dirt/etc off your carpet and floorboards. In winter, these things are super valuable...especially for hunting after you just get done walking three miles through a wet chisel plowed field.

Sun shade was delivered yesterday, fits absolutely perfect and rolls up really small. Silver side for summer, and a black side for winter. Mats will be delivered tonight. I might pick up the cargo area mat down the road too. I'm probably going to be using one of those hitch mounted baskets for hauling deer though, so I doubt I'll have a huge need for it.

If anyone is looking for really good floor mats...like the best on the market, take a look at Weathertech. When I traded my truck in, I took my weathertech's out, and put the unused stock mats back in the truck and the guy complimented on how clean the floor mats were in a truck. I sold the mats I paid $150 for a year earlier to a guy on craigslist for $100. So in the end, total cost was probably about that of some Wally World mats...and the protection/fit was obviously far superior.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Weathertech is big time IMSA sports car racing supporter (and owner's son is driver for the company sponsored team) so I bought some floor mats for the GF's Honda. She liked them so much that she just bought a set for her new BMW.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Add a few wood panels, do a few front end modifications and you'll have something there.

But otherwise very cool.

View attachment 29196
Had a 1984 Chevrolet Caprice Station Wagon. Mother-in-law went on a trip to Minnesota with us. We ended up strapping a rocking chair to the top of the wagon to bring back home. Threatened the MIL all the way back that if she got out of line, she would be "playing Aunt Edna". She hadn't seen the movie and had no idea what we were talking about!!!!

One of the best lines in a movie... "A dead person breathed on me!!!"

🔥 Latest posts