• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Family Truckster

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Wow...what a day.

My son opened the rear passenger door before I hit the button to unlock the Suburban...after some testing, the lock was jammed up. Actuator works fine, but I had to tear panel off the door so I could get to the guts. A little fidgeting around and I got it working. The 'child lock' is what' screwing it up, so we won't be able to use that feature. O well.

Then...I was driving around the other day with the windows down...the passenger front window was rattling around in the door while it was down. So... off with the panel on that door...found a loose bolt fixed 'er right up.

So I'm detailing the car, feeling pretty good about fixing up those other problems when I backed up into the passenger mirror and heard a big snap...now the mirror doesn't hold in it's position anymore...flops all over the place. Get on the gargler and a new one is about $300. FML.

Since the one on the truck is already fucked, I figured I would see if I could fix it. (can't **** it any further right?) These things are not designed to be user serviced...but if you have a big C-clamp, large socket, circular saw blade, 5-6 large flat blade screw drivers, a T3 torx bit screw driver, a truckload of patience, and some time on your hands, they can be fixed.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Wow...what a day.

So you have the deft touch of this guy?

p-a-nightmare-on-elm-street-freddy-krueger.jpg

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I have
Wow...what a day.

My son opened the rear passenger door before I hit the button to unlock the Suburban...after some testing, the lock was jammed up. Actuator works fine, but I had to tear panel off the door so I could get to the guts. A little fidgeting around and I got it working. The 'child lock' is what' screwing it up, so we won't be able to use that feature. O well.

Then...I was driving around the other day with the windows down...the passenger front window was rattling around in the door while it was down. So... off with the panel on that door...found a loose bolt fixed 'er right up.

So I'm detailing the car, feeling pretty good about fixing up those other problems when I backed up into the passenger mirror and heard a big snap...now the mirror doesn't hold in it's position anymore...flops all over the place. Get on the gargler and a new one is about $300. FML.

Since the one on the truck is already fucked, I figured I would see if I could fix it. (can't **** it any further right?) These things are not designed to be user serviced...but if you have a big C-clamp, large socket, circular saw blade, 5-6 large flat blade screw drivers, a T3 torx bit screw driver, a truckload of patience, and some time on your hands, they can be fixed.
I have a 52 year old Chevy. Thank God that era has designs that enabled easy access to just about everything. Love to tinker.:D

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I have

I have a 52 year old Chevy. Thank God that era has designs that enabled easy access to just about everything. Love to tinker.:D

I was actually bitching to the wife after I got it back on the truck about how sickening it is dealing with new cars(and this one isn't even new...) and all the 'engineering' they put into them specifically to make them difficult to work on. This whole thing is designed specifically so there's no visible fasteners...which might look great, but damn are they a bitch and a half to get apart because of it.

🔥 Latest posts