• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Famous playing partners?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I just finished playing 18 holes with Lewis Tillman, former Jackson State and Chicago Bears running back, Super nice guy, but I have to admit he was a much better football player than he is a golfer. He crushes a 3 wood, but fights a slice, which he said was why he never hits his driver. But then again, when you can hit a 3 wood 275, why even bother?

I asked him what his swing speed was, the club was doing some wicked whistling when he'd swing it, but he said he'd never had it checked.

1967GTA

I Love Cindy Mancini
Dec 23, 2009
i played 18 holes with the boxer Antonio Tarver a few months ago. He lives right near the course I was playing and he was with his buddy and my buddy and i got paired up with them. they were really cool to play with. talked about making the "Rocky Balboa" movie, working with Stallone, etc. It was a cool day

rocky-topper..jpg
rocky-topper..jpg

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
i played 18 holes with the boxer Antonio Tarver a few months ago. He lives right near the course I was playing and he was with his buddy and my buddy and i got paired up with them. they were really cool to play with. talked about making the "Rocky Balboa" movie, working with Stallone, etc. It was a cool day

Could he play? I'm curious if a boxer had the flexibility to wind up and unwind.

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I've played with future NHL hall of famer Brian Propp. Propp is a very good player. Probably a 3 handicap.
NHL hall of famer Bobby Clark and Flyers TV announcer Steve Coates are both members at my home course and play all the time durring the offseason.

I will be playing in an LPGA pro-am in June and I'm crossing my fingers that I will get paired with a known player. My company has participated in this event in the past for a number of years. So far Julie Inkster is the only known player we have been paired with. We always seem to get Korean players.

1967GTA

I Love Cindy Mancini
Dec 23, 2009
well, he could bomb the crap out of his driver and fairway woods, if i had to guess, i would guess he probably shot around 100

Could he play? I'm curious if a boxer had the flexibility to wind up and unwind.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Never played with anyone famous. Unless you consider Doc, Dub, fitz, WG, nutu, wbl, smokin, eljdhal, Eracer, and several others i can't think of at the moment from the forum famous.

bryguy

May 15, 2008
Never played with anyone famous. Unless you consider Doc, Dub, fitz, WG, nutu, wbl, smokin, eljdhal, Eracer, and several others i can't think of at the moment from the forum famous.
I think he meant FAMOUS, as in well know, not INFAMOUS, like wanted by the law there Eclark.

davefud

Jan 31, 2010
Caddied for Chris Chelios four or five years ago. He HATED golf. Barely made it through nine holes. He didn't hit a wood at all.

Third hole is a 230 yard par 3. He hit 3 iron. Flew the green by a good 25 yards. Pretty sure he toed it, too.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I once played with a guy who's neighbor had a cousin who's wife met a guy on a plane that actually shook Andy Griffiths hand. That's my brush with golf fame.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I played with Camilo Villegas some time ago, when he was just a new comer to the Nationwide. Pretty good player, but I think we didn't cross one word in the entire 18 holes...

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online