• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Father's Day Rounds?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Anyone else play a round with their dad or son?

I treated my dad to his 1st round of the year at a small par 69 course near his house. We had a good time and he parred the last hole to break 100. :laugh: Both of us were pretty tired and I had to grab him his sneakers from the car at 9. He had bought some "golf shoes" from a place called Job Lot, a wholesale discounter. He had some nasty blisters. My back was killing me after a 12hr. day at work yesterday and attempting to drive it over and around every tree and obstacle on the course.
icon10.gif
I have a huge blister on my left index, assuming from my grip change. It was killing my chipping. I went around in 92 with only 1 birdie. Oh well, it was more about enjoying some time with dad on Father's Day.

J.J.

May 13, 2007
no i didnt do any golfin with my dad today..

for his fathers day "presents" he wanted to take my truck to a show last night and one today.. i got 2nd in the show yesterday and took first in my show today.. he was happy

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
No father (or father-in-law) anymore or sons or daughters who play golf and sssmokin doesn't have any either so he and I played with the neighbor at a super nice 5-star course on the Illinois border (Shepherd's Crook). See thread in here. It was 90º F, no wind and we got backed since it's a links course with no shade. And the greens were as fast as Oakmont (almost) and just as nasty. We broke 100 but not by much. Everyone in our group was missing putts by inches. We played good enough on the rest of the shots though. The rough was longer then Oakmont. Get off the fairway and you won't find your ball. I'm not playing another links course this year (except in league and this one again for our outing). :D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
No golf, but I hate weekend golf.

I helped my pops wash his truck, do some work on it, weld some stuff, and then we rode the bicycles, played catch, and some other stuff for a while. It was awesome.

Members online

No members online now.