• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

favoUrite Stick in the Bag

sidvicious

Jul 8, 2005
easy. for me, its the 7 iron. regardless make and model, the loft angle seems to fit my swing path exactly. i can , putt it, punch it, bang it, loft it, etc.

currently i hit forged cb's.

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
United States United States
Sorry, but I refuse to consider the

question. Golf is a head game. I do not want to put one club above another because at crunch time, how do I know what the shot at hand will be. So I have sort of tricked myself into thinking that they are all just fine.

One result of this is that it takes a long time for me to replace clubs. My VooDoo putter is just the fifth putter I have ever owned and I have played for forty-nine years. My irons are Spalding Topflite Pro-forged blades that I got in 1976. Of course I have had to have them rechromed a time or two. I kept my Powerbilt persimmon woods until the mid-1990's, and believe that they are still the most beautiful clubs ever made, but when I demoed some metals with graphite shafts, I knew I could use the extra thirty yards or so. Yes, I am a traditionalist but you can take that too far. Otherwise, there would be no 19* TaylorMade Rescue in the bag, and I think everyone should carry a hybrid. And I like a lot of wedges including a lob wedge which has become just about essential.

Come to think of it, the hardest thing for me is getting the number of clubs down to fourteen. I have about twenty "favorite clubs"!

Sincerely, Cypressperch

sidvicious

Jul 8, 2005
cypressperch said:
question. Golf is a head game. I do not want to put one club above another because at crunch time, how do I know what the shot at hand will be. So I have sort of tricked myself into thinking that they are all just fine.

One result of this is that it takes a long time for me to replace clubs. My VooDoo putter is just the fifth putter I have ever owned and I have played for forty-nine years. My irons are Spalding Topflite Pro-forged blades that I got in 1976. Of course I have had to have them rechromed a time or two. I kept my Powerbilt persimmon woods until the mid-1990's, and believe that they are still the most beautiful clubs ever made, but when I demoed some metals with graphite shafts, I knew I could use the extra thirty yards or so. Yes, I am a traditionalist but you can take that too far. Otherwise, there would be no 19* TaylorMade Rescue in the bag, and I think everyone should carry a hybrid. And I like a lot of wedges including a lob wedge which has become just about essential.

Come to think of it, the hardest thing for me is getting the number of clubs down to fourteen. I have about twenty "favorite clubs"!

Sincerely, Cypressperch

i dig your delima, but everyone has a pick stick. tiger, jack, arny, et al.

i think the question can be qualified: what is the club that you can hit when everything else goes straight to hell?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I do not want to put one club above another because at crunch time, how do I know what the shot at hand will be

While I was reading this, I was thinking the reason would be: I don't want to put one club above another, because the other 13 will be jealous, and they will misbehave.

It would be my reason. :D

jc@bg

Style guru
Sep 10, 2004
Tough choice, but the club that consistently produces best results for me, relative to the difficulty of the shot, is my Wishon 515 7 wood. I was gonna say 9 iron, since that is an ultra-dependable club for me, but all 9 irons are pretty easy to hit well. Honorable mention to my SMT Durometer 57*. -- JC

The master

Oct 24, 2004
None after today, felt like breaking them all had a nightmare lol! Usually my 905T titleist is my favourite 9.5 with my speeder shaft, it is the most reliable club in the bag and doesn't let me down under pressure, unlike the putter at times.

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
Please forgive me, but I

refuse to answer this particular question. I agree with those that say that golf is a mental game, and it being such, I have become a head case. I cannot put any club above the others because how can I know what club will be necessary to carry out a shot at crunch time. And crunch time is really at every shot, to a certain degree.

I am very dedicated to all the clubs I carry. I actually carry them too long at times. I kept my Powerbilt woods until the mid-1990's. Those are still the best looking clubs ever bilt in my opinion. But I finally demoed some graphite shafted metals, and I realized I could use the extra thirty yards or so and the straighter ball flight. In forty-nine years of playing, I have only owned five putters, and the VooDoo looks like it will stay perhaps 'til the End. Spalding Topflite Pro-Forged blades from 1976 are still in there after being rechromed a time or two. How do you say goodby to clubs that have made two hole-in-ones, numerous holed out shots up to 190 yards for eagles, etc, etc. So many saves and holed out shots with my Volkey wedges.

But I do make some moves in favor of better technology as indicated, though very slowly. My two iron never really let me down, but I did go with a TM 19* Rescue hybrid because they are so easy to hit they should probably be illegal.

Come to think of it, my biggest problem is trying to figure out how to get the number down to fourteen clubs since I guess I have around twenty favorite clubs for reasons both imagined and real.

Sincerely, Cypressperch

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.