• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Favre Sportsman of year Sports Illustrated

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Just got done reading the article. The author Alan Shipnuck captured why Wisconsin holds Brett in such high esteem. It is a must read to understand what it means to be a beloved sports hero. Its more than your on field performance. To me "Favre and Family" is way above Favre the athlete sports hero. What he has done with his notoriety is simply beautiful. Rarely do I get teary eyed reading a Sports Illustrated article but this one did it. Took me by surprise. Deanna and Brett truly make a great team. The good will they generated is for real.

Also read the last article in magazine.

Many could read this story and say "yeah right made up fluff" but here in Wisconsin the understanding grows because many people know "the Favre family" through association. You either have met Favre family members or you know someone who has. They have made themselves very accessible and openly express their family joys and tragedies. Many people feel as if they are part of their extended family. VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE.

Personally my son's girlfriend's roommate is back door neighbors with Favre in Ashwaubengon. Her stories reflect the SI article. Also I have met two Packer wide receivers Robert Brooks and Bruce Driver. Two wonderful soft spoken gentlemen. Never would have guessed they were All Pro athletes. Humble and engaging.

Anyway I repeat a MUST READ. There is good news in this world.

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Sorry Donald Driver. I got mixed up with with Drivers. Bruce was UW Badger Hockey defensive man who was paired up with Chris Chelios when I went to UW. Both went on to play in NHL. 1981 I believe.

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Asked who had read the article on "yahoo answers---sports---American football. That forum is smack talking area with no equal. Answers from across the country were uniformly positive and heartwarming. Stores here in Wisconsin have had to reorder double and triple the # of issues. They are flying off the shelves due to word of mouth. I have already lent my issue out to 5 people today and photocopied it for 2 more.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Sorry Donald Driver. I got mixed up with with Drivers. Bruce was UW Badger Hockey defensive man who was paired up with Chris Chelios when I went to UW. Both went on to play in NHL. 1981 I believe.
Thanks - I know you know more about football than I do, but I thought I knew my Packers pretty well...:laugh:

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Bruce Driver and Chris Chelios both went on to be multiple repeat All Stars in the NHL. Badgers had a helluva team that year.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
Bruce Driver and Chris Chelios both went on to be multiple repeat All Stars in the NHL. Badgers had a helluva team that year.

I remember Bruce. Only one wearing full length pants.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Most Touchdowns in a single season, anyone? I do believe that record may be changing hands in the near future. And it won't be going to Green Bay.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Yeah yeah blah blah... :)

Favre also has the record for the most 30+ TD seasons and will probably add to it this year.... :)

Records are made to be broken and problably (if they don't get hurt) Peyton and/or Brady will break his but for now ... he IS THE BEST. :D

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Favre is definately a class act, as is Peyton. Peyton set the season TD record the right way, where Brady, if he breaks it, will do so on a team that has been running up the score all year long.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Favre is definately a class act, as is Peyton. Peyton set the season TD record the right way, where Brady, if he breaks it, will do so on a team that has been running up the score all year long.

NOOOO, not someone else shooting at Coach Felony and his Boys, you better keep your head turning or the Coach will have you knocked off in a driveby. He has cameras on you and knows where you live.

Yeah Brett's the man, no doubt about it.

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
OOOO, not someone else shooting at Coach Felony and his Boys, you better keep your head turning or the Coach will have you knocked off in a driveby. He has cameras on you and knows where you live.
LOL

Coach Bilichick is a Grinch isn't he. Need to lighten up and enjoy life.

🔥 Latest posts