• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FBR Rant...here goes...

packerguy

Jan 28, 2007
I am in favor of this type of setting, although I don't see it ever being an everyday thing on the PGA TOUR. The best thing about this type of atmosphere is that it does bring more people into the game that otherwise might not have been before. And most of the golfers seem to enjoy it, I know that I sure would.

The bottom line for this is growth of the sport, without growth it will eventually fade away. One reason that this won't be an everyday thing is that Glendale has many factors leading to such giant crowds; the college in town, it is a winter destination for many northerners and the vast number of golfers down there on local courses.

rknight

Feb 3, 2007
Rather than ranting about the 16th @ FBR we should be ranting about the brutal broadcasting. Especially with NBC we continue to see players that have rep but are not scoring while announcers continue to ignore players that are shooting hot rounds. I get tired of watching Phil shoot high numbers. Show the hot shooters!

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
This is crazy. Nobodies? These guys are the young future of the sport. Jeff Quinney for example is an outstanding Nationwide grad who has contended every week this year. Baddeley and Bryant both won last year, Taylor was a Rider cup team member, Bubba has a huge fan base thanks to his 350 yard bombs. I fail to see how these guys are nobodies. If you want big names look further down the page. Phil, Davis, Freddy, Big John were all playing, so where many other big names. You just didnt see them because they getting waxed by a bunch of nobodies as you call them. This is the new PGA, a PGA full of stars, full of players who can win on any givin week.
The game has changed, the average player is better than he was 10 years ago, the average feild is 100 times stronger than 10 years ago. Golf has evolved imo for the better, too bad your missing all the action.
To not like the rowdy fans is your opinion and thats fine, to call these guys nobodies tells me you need to learn a little more about the game.

"Hey, Jeff Quinney's up on 16!"

You gonna turn your head? I doubt it.

The big guys draw numbers. The riot aspect of the par 3 draws the jokers. I hate that aspect of that, those people, as much fun as they might be having, take everything that I respect about this wonderful game away.

I will tune in to the Dubai, thank you.

R35

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
"Hey, Jeff Quinney's up on 16!"

You gonna turn your head? I doubt it.

R35

I will because I know Jeff is an up and coming super star. I follow the sport, the entire sport, not just whats on the front page.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Ross Fisher will be bigger,and Dubai was ten times the event,ten times the field and ten times better commentary

PGA,RIP

Until Augusta obviously

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
I would watch Dubai purely because the best in the world were duking it out down the stretch. Tiger, Stenson, Ernie all in contention with an up and coming superstar Ross Fisher in the mix also. too bad I don't have the option of watching the PGA Tour anyway thanks to Setanta :(

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
BTW Ezra, Ernie was in the Tour Championship last year

winders

Sep 23, 2006
Jeez Rock and Fourputt, get those noses out of the air!!! Golf has been making a lot of progress in becoming a game/sport for the masses. That hole is a positive move that in that direction.

Scott

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
The game has changed, the average player is better than he was 10 years ago, the average feild is 100 times stronger than 10 years ago. Golf has evolved imo for the better, too bad your missing all the action.
LyleG

Id agree about the avg feild being 100x stronger, but not about the avg player unfortunately. But the reason for that is that there is a bigger number of better players, and they bring in a bigger number of beginners that just go out for the hell of it.

Boohoo, one week you guys dont watch the PGA and now your saying RIP??? Its one week guys, chill!

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The big guys draw numbers. The riot aspect of the par 3 draws the jokers. I hate that aspect of that, those people, as much fun as they might be having, take everything that I respect about this wonderful game away.

I will tune in to the Dubai, thank you.

R35
I agree with you completely, Rock. That was completely opposite of all that makes golf great, watching those idiots on 16.:)

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
That is a little happy gilmorish but at least they are quiet while the players are hitting.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Jeez Rock and Fourputt, get those noses out of the air!!! Golf has been making a lot of progress in becoming a game/sport for the masses. That hole is a positive move that in that direction.

Scott

There's nothing wrong with bringing the game to the masses, but not at the cost of the sport itself.

Isn't the saying "Golf is a good walk spoiled."

It's not "Golf is where you have thousands of people yelling at you, whether you want them too or not."

Thanks, I'll take the stuffy ass Masters over this BS tournament any day.

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I will because I know Jeff is an up and coming super star. I follow the sport, the entire sport, not just whats on the front page.

But, unfortunately, the sponsors and coverage does.

I'd rather them focus on up and coming stars over this day after day crap on the grandstands.

Sorry, but the last thing I wanna see is someone like John Daly plastered with sponsors hitting a ball with grandstands around them.

They have that already - it's called the Long Drive Tour. They can have it.

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Boohoo, one week you guys dont watch the PGA and now your saying RIP??? Its one week guys, chill!

If you think this idea isn't going to spread, than you're an idiot.

Boo hoo, you're an idiot. How does it feel?

R35

🔥 Latest posts