• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

FBR Rant...here goes...

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
If you think this idea isn't going to spread, than you're an idiot.

Boo hoo, you're an idiot. How does it feel?

R35

Wow, your really on a tear over this arent you Rock?

Ill believe it when i see every other tournament with grandstands around the par 3s. Its not going to happen, so im not worried.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Wow, your really on a tear over this arent you Rock?

Ill believe it when i see every other tournament with grandstands around the par 3s. Its not going to happen, so im not worried.

You're young, so you'll see it.

Guys like WBL and Sssmokin' might not tho. :D

Hey, don't you have a crooked putter grip to fix? :D

(Sorry if it seemed like I snapped, dude, that really wasn't my intention. I'm more just frustrated with the way the game is going on TV. Call me a traditionalist.:) )

R35

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Damn, looks like Rock got into GR mode for a few posts..........:laugh:

Did you have to eat at the inlaws today or is something else nawing away at your insides? :D

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I would if that was the right label. You are being a jerk.....

Scott

Agreed. I'll take back what I posted to Sandpiper, but not to you. Every word I posted in your quote is how I feel.

Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one.

R35

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Id agree about the avg feild being 100x stronger, but not about the avg player unfortunately. But the reason for that is that there is a bigger number of better players, and they bring in a bigger number of beginners that just go out for the hell of it.

Boohoo, one week you guys dont watch the PGA and now your saying RIP??? Its one week guys, chill!

Believe me, there are plenty of weeks when I don't watch much, if any, of the PGA broadcast. Any tournament where the leaders are better than 15 under is either too easy a course, or too easy a setup (IMO these guys are supposed to be the best of the best... make them work for their money).... in any event it's boring to watch. As a result they come up with the circus that is the 16th to try and make up for the other shortcomings. Obviously the subterfuge works for some, judging by a number of responders to Rocks initial post. I'm just too much of a traditionalist to be sucked in by the stage show... :laugh:

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Best part of today's broadcast so far was Quinney ignoring everyone on 16. That was great.

It also resiterates my point when the announcers make comments like "Sunday is much more of a subdued, traditional crowd, as it is SuperBowl Sunday. Most of the extremes aren't here today as a result..."

If that's what golf is going to become, I won't be watching. I'll be playing at courses that don't support that garbage.

R35

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
I ask all of you who shouted down Rock, would you be happy with these beerheads playing golf at your course? These are the guys holding play up, not letting people through, thinking they drive the ball 340 yards, don't know or care about etiquette and insist on high fives and booyahs every time a shot goes further than 50 yards. Are you happy with this type of golfer that has been ridiculed numerous times on every single golf forum in the world I would say

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Well,its not for me either,but I am not that worked up about it.That hole is one small part of the circus they now call the PGA Tour,its dull at best,a circus at worst,with the exception of a few select events,Masters,US Open,PGA and Sawgrass plus others.I love the US Open,maybe because its full of history,dunno.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Rock, I mentioned once that my sister is the media director for the new version of the greater hartford open (St. Paul travelers something or other is what they are calling it now).

The TPC where this even is held has a stadium style layout on some of the holes.

My question is this......do you think I should bring a painted sheet or just a couple of #1 sponge fingers? :D

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I ask all of you who shouted down Rock, would you be happy with these beerheads playing golf at your course? These are the guys holding play up, not letting people through, thinking they drive the ball 340 yards, don't know or care about etiquette and insist on high fives and booyahs every time a shot goes further than 50 yards. Are you happy with this type of golfer that has been ridiculed numerous times on every single golf forum in the world I would say

EMC,

Please don't post obvious things like this, as your opinion will lower you into the depths alongside me.

:laugh:

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Rock, I mentioned once that my sister is the media director for the new version of the greater hartford open (St. Paul travelers something or other is what they are calling it now).

The TPC where this even is held has a stadium style layout on some of the holes.

My question is this......do you think I should bring a painted sheet or just a couple of #1 sponge fingers? :D

Paint your chest. Chances are I'll see that on the front page of the PGA Tour home rather than a picture of some wonderful, rolling CT terrain.

I thought golf was an avenue to get away from all that shit. I guess i'm wrong.

The masses have spoken. Maybe the Fedex Cup trophy should be a big circus bigtop with a matching clown nose.

R35

PS>...come to think of it, don't paint your chest. The less I have to see of you naked, the better. :D

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
K, i have to say this has been a very good finish, i loved the way they had the split screens on badd's birdie putt on 18 and rollins' par on 18. Quinny missing that short par putt and then goin over the fairway on 18, very Mickleson esque.

Great dramatic finish, and that looks like a very good finishing hole the 18th.

NP rock, everyone has things that just bugs them.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Believe me, there are plenty of weeks when I don't watch much, if any, of the PGA broadcast. Any tournament where the leaders are better than 15 under is either too easy a course, or too easy a setup (IMO these guys are supposed to be the best of the best... make them work for their money).... in any event it's boring to watch. As a result they come up with the circus that is the 16th to try and make up for the other shortcomings. Obviously the subterfuge works for some, judging by a number of responders to Rocks initial post. I'm just too much of a traditionalist to be sucked in by the stage show... :laugh:

The flip side of that is that when they make the courses tougher like they did at Shinnecock and to some extent Winged Foot it makes the golf SOOOO boring. Dont get me wrong I love the US Open but this year and in years past it has been really tough to watch until the final round. It is just such BORING golf. I love the Masters because it allows for scoring and I love the British because we get to see different players and different styles of play.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The flip side of that is that when they make the courses tougher like they did at Shinnecock and to some extent Winged Foot it makes the golf SOOOO boring. Dont get me wrong I love the US Open but this year and in years past it has been really tough to watch until the final round. It is just such BORING golf. I love the Masters because it allows for scoring and I love the British because we get to see different players and different styles of play.

Agreed. Good golf is always fun to watch. And boring golf sucks.

I like course management and good golf shots rewarded with good scores. I beleive that rough should be just that - rough. I think that length doesn't make courses harder, and having insanely tough greens isn't the answer either.

However, I do believe that golf is a game that is rich in tradition and rules. And those rules should apply to the gallery as well. If you make an ass of yourself, you're gone. However, showing appreciation for a good shot should not go unwarranted.

Good post, Jim.

R35

🔥 Latest posts