• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Feel "Release" Golf Grips

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Last summer I stuck one of these (reverse taper) on my Ping G10 driver and now all I hit is straight down the middle and as long as I can remember. Instead of buying a new driver it's worth a try. The driver is a different animal due to the longer shaft and this was my fix. Last round (9 holes) I missed one fairway and that was by a couple feet.

https://www.feelwedges.com/default.asp

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
i was looking into those too, even contacted the Canadian distributor here. i think the quote was $120 for 13 grips shipped, which i thought was reasonable. didn't pull the trigger though. still intrigued by it, as i can really swing a baseball bat,which i relate this design to. still, bit of $$$ wasted if it doesn't work for me. wait a sec, that hasn't stopped me in the past...lol.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I'm thinking about putting one on my driver. Thats the only club I have problems turning over.

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
WB, what was your miss before the feel grip...left or right? I'm thinking if you're a slicer then these might fix that, but for a hooker you could end up hitting shots that end up behind ya.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I hadn't heard of these grips before now. Very interesting ....

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
WB, what was your miss before the feel grip...left or right? I'm thinking if you're a slicer then these might fix that, but for a hooker you could end up hitting shots that end up behind ya.

EddieC

I slice when I overswing. These grips allow me to swing harder and gain some yardage. You might be right on draw.

David Lake

Banned
Banned
May 18, 2010
It has always been my opinion that standard golf grips are far too small in diameter for the full transfer of power or the required degree of control in a golf swing. The advantage that golfers find in reverse taper grips is that it puts more "meat" in your right hand during the swing which helps quite a bit. Most golfers would see immediate improvement in their ball striking by replacing their standard grips with 1/8" oversize grips and have a few wraps of build-up tape placed under the right-hand portion of the grip.

David Lake, President
1 Iron Golf, Inc.

No links in posts or signatures, we consider that spam. If you'd like to become a site sponsor, PM Slingblade61.

MCDavis

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Tried em. They were a negative to my driving quality. I just could not turn over the ball properly. Different strokes I guess.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I haven't tried them on a driver, but I did put them on my three wedges. Two days after putting the grips on I got my first ever hole in one. I'm not saying it was the grip, there was a lot of luck there too i'm sure. But I love them! Its not so much the added power, since I hardly ever take a full swing with a wedge, more the comfort. I like them most with chips around the green. I grip way down on chips and having the larger grip in my hand just feels right.

Some people hate them, others will love them. I think they were well worth trying!!

Josrph michaeli

Apr 9, 2021
Country
I put Feel reverse taper grips on all my clubs but added 4 layers of tape to build them up to a “midsize”. After a very short adjustment period they feel and work great. Have so much more freedom of the wrist and as result hitting much higher and with greater consistency. As a bonus my fingers don’t hurt at the end of a round

🔥 Latest posts