• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Feherty recounts wild party with Daly on Tonight Show

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
A lot of John Daly's life might be as sad as the country tunes he croons.

But not all of his nights have been so lonely.

Not according to David Feherty, who says his buddy Daly set "a world record" for the number of prostitutes in a hotel room during a tournament some years ago.

Appearing as a guest on "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno on Friday night, Feherty recalled the time he first met Daly at a tournament in South Africa in the "mid-to-late 80s." Leading by one going into the final round, Feherty said he found himself paired with a lean young man with a neck-warmer hairdo who weighed no more than "150 pounds with his reading glasses on."

Hitting it long but wild, Daly wound up edging Feherty by one shot for the win, then invited his playing partner to a party in his hotel room that night.

"And I thought, 'That's a bad idea,'" Feherty told Leno. "'But I'm going to do it anyway."

When Feherty showed up at Daly's room that evening, Daly came to the door in boxer shorts, holding a drink and smoking a "deep-fried Marlboro light," having already spent his $30,000 winners check on live entertainment.

"It was a world record for the amount of hookers in a hotel room," Feherty said.

"Really? Wow. I didn't even know they kept those records," Leno replied.

Neither did we.

Of course, while talking prostitutes, Feherty was doing some pimping of his own, promoting his eponymous show on Golf Channel, which kicks off its third season on February 25.

He was also having fun with his longtime pal, Daly, who has appeared as a guest on Feherty's show.

The two men have a lot in common. Both have struggled with drinking problems. Both have been open about their past failings.

Clearly, there's a kinship.

But you have to wonder how Long John himself feels about these late-night revelations.

Is he thinking that his friend Feherty on the talk-show rounds has managed to go a bit too low?

Source: Feherty recounts wild party with Daly on Tonight Show

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
My mistake. Still though...Bro Code.
Yeah but if every guy stuck to the bro code, there would be no male legendary stories like this.

We'd all be talking about knitting or something. Remember LT (that's Lawrence Taylor)? He used to send hookers to opposing players rooms the night before a game to tire out their legs.

OP
Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
If this was anyone else but John Daly I'd agree that they shouldn't out them. It's John Daly though. I want more stories.

🔥 Latest posts