• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Female golfers called 'Park'

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Do I even want to get into this? Se Ri Pak started it. Korea traditionally hasn't had a lot of opportunities for women. One makes it big, and a lot of other folks--parents ambitious for their kids, I'd guess--see that as a ticket to something bigger. So a LOT of Korean girls are playing golf now. In Bee Park even cited See Ri Pak as the reason she started the game.

Just like a lot of Domincans play baseball. Tennis seems overrun by Eastern Europeans. And when I mentioned the Korean thing to a male golfing friend of my, he responded with a rant about South Africans taking over the PGA. Go figure.

Christina Kim, an American, is larger than most women on the LPGA. Flashy clothes, Kangol hat worn backwards. But loads of fun to watch and a really really nice person (I carried the standard for her a couple of months back). I'm a big fan of hers.

bluebledthesea

Only Drinking AFTER Golf
Jul 22, 2008
Annyong! I went to school with a lot of South Koreans. The most popular names that I can remember were Park, Lee, Kim, Cho, Choi and Baek. I can't recall any beyond that, if there are any at all. :D

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Lee is also a very common korean last name.

Mine is not so common, Chung.

I was in korea about a year ago for my cousin's wedding. It seemed like there was no middle class in Korean. Either you are very rish or very poor.
No offense, Johnny, but that's got to be the funniest typo in a post I've ever seen! :thumbs up:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online