• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Few pics of my course

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I went for this "wine and dine" deal this evening. I took my girlfriend to ride along in the cart and snap some pics. My boss, his wife and my boss's friend played 9 then we had dinner.

Par 3 playing around 180 today. 4i off the ledge.
valleycc 008.jpg

I'm closest to the hole of the guys at 6ft. and the only one who didn't make a bird.
valleycc 009.jpg

Cool double green holes. This green is lightening.

valleycc 012.jpg

Here it is from the other side. I hit a Sergio-like punch cut 5i to hit the GIR. The pin position was so sick I putted it off the green twice for a GIR triple.

valleycc 016.jpg
valleycc 008.jpg
valleycc 009.jpg
valleycc 012.jpg
valleycc 016.jpg

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Course looks great man - makes me want to play bad.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Looks nice and open :)

Ha, ha. I take it you are joking. The only fairway I have a pic of is like 20yds. wide at driver distance. The rough is not that long right now but still a crapshoot. I had a few lies today I couldn't even make a wedge work out of. Even though it's shorter it's still so dense that when it sits down you get 3inches of thick grass between the face and ball. Plus the greens are small and fast as hell. I guess from a woods/OB standpoint it is kind of "open" but miss in the rough and balls get hard to find, nevermind hit.

You coming down to play or what?

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Ha, ha. I take it you are joking. The only fairway I have a pic of is like 20yds. wide at driver distance. The rough is not that long right now but still a crapshoot. I had a few lies today I couldn't even make a wedge work out of. Even though it's shorter it's still so dense that when it sits down you get 3inches of thick grass between the face and ball. Plus the greens are small and fast as hell. I guess from a woods/OB standpoint it is kind of "open" but miss in the rough and balls get hard to find, nevermind hit.

You coming down to play or what?

Only if you come up here and play my course. ;)

http://www.memberstatements.com/tour/tours.cfm?ClubID=12151&TourID=33814

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
That course looks like a blast to play. Correct me but it looks like if you can play smart it won't kill you. Looks like some decent risk/reward holes too. Am I wrong?

If there is no wind, it's tame. From the back when it's blowing is tough. The Mrs doesn't like the price tag and I can't blame her so I am not a member there... yet ;) Maybe when the kids are old enough to play. I do get on there a few times a year for tournaments and such.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
If there is no wind, it's tame. From the back when it's blowing is tough. The Mrs doesn't like the price tag and I can't blame her so I am not a member there... yet ;) Maybe when the kids are old enough to play. I do get on there a few times a year for tournaments and such.

What is the price tag? I would absolutely love to play that course.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Only if you come up here and play my course. ;)

Vermont National Country Club

That looks pristine. I'd probably set a personal best for GIR but a personal worst for PPGIR.

LMK if things change and you can get down here though.

That goes for all you guys really. I can play any weekday and have days off mid-month usually.

I'll have to get a few pics of the front 9 too sometime. I'll have to get one of the 6th and 7th greens. The 6th is a crazy green that has 2 level and narrows to about 3yds. wide between them. The 7th is the smallest green in the state.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Both those courses are great looking. I'll have to get some pics of the Country Club near me that just opened up to the public, built in 1926, man its gorgeous.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.