• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fighting fire with fire

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
.... so myself and her indoors reached an uneasy peace at the turn of the year. The credit cards were to remain virginal no spurious buys, no fun. So we had our daily phone call today .. "guess what" . "what" ... "I bought a 5 seater corner unit sofa" .....:bang: .. tuned out .. tuned back in ... €2,000...

Sooooooo ... straight onta da web and procured a Geek DCT 10.5*/UL540 cut to 46 ... I just wanna hammer the living jaysus out of it ... don't care if I never find another fairway... if 46 don't work I'll cut it to 45 and hammer the living jaysus outta that too .. *rant over*

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. what you should do is get the guys to take loads of pics of you pummellin that thing and put them up in the lounge!!

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Dude,

You are so SCREWED!!!!!

You think you are fighting fire with fire when all you have done is bring a pocket knife to a gunfight.

You: But you bought a freaking 5 seater corner unit and all I bought was a dinky little driver.

Her: But mine is for the house you selfish prick.

You: So, I guess I'll be testing the 5 seater out tonight.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Doesn't that mean you get to spend 2000 now? Totally new gear! If you have to test out the sofa, so be it.

OP
Dave Ireland

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Doesn't that mean you get to spend 2000 now? Totally new gear! If you have to test out the sofa, so be it.

Dave, I'm with Mike. You need/deserve an entire new bag.

Any chance you guys could drop over here and explain that to her ? ... the initial feeling of being irked has passed ... and now I'm shitting meself .. coz she's at home on Maternity Leave and will meet Mr postman... not too sure if she's over the post natal depression stage yet ... hope not coz she's got plenty more crying to do :D

OP
Dave Ireland

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Dude,

You are so SCREWED!!!!!

You think you are fighting fire with fire when all you have done is bring a pocket knife to a gunfight.

You: But you bought a freaking 5 seater corner unit and all I bought was a dinky little driver.

Her: But mine is for the house you selfish prick.

You: So, I guess I'll be testing the 5 seater out tonight.

Same as Silver, gwlee, go pull the wings off a few butterfles will ya !! ;)

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Same as Silver, gwlee, go pull the wings off a few butterfles will ya !! ;)

Oh, don't get me wrong. I admire your courage in buying the driver. I just feel as though you are overmatched in this one.

My wife always tells me I can do whatever I want to as long as I am willing to accept the consequences.

OP
Dave Ireland

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Oh, don't get me wrong. I admire your courage in buying the driver. I just feel as though you are overmatched in this one.

My wife always tells me I can do whatever I want to as long as I am willing to accept the consequences.

LOL... Could've done with that pearl of wisdom a few hours ago gwlee ! .... oh and never get courage and foolhardiness mixed up .....

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Getting into a spending fight with my other half would be like challenging "Lefty" in stroke play, heads up. Even on a off day, she or he is going to clean my clock.

But I admire your courage, even if not the wisdom, :laugh:

OP
Dave Ireland

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Getting into a spending fight with my other half would be like challenging "Lefty" in stroke play, heads up. Even on a off day, she or he is going to clean my clock.

But I admire your courage, even if not the wisdom, :laugh:

LOL ... I hear ya .. all my wife's purchases (according to her) have an intrinsic value to the home .. a simple example would be the 15 bottles of conditioner in the shower room .. all with specific benefits .. for shine, heat treatment, dry hair, unknot tangles ...etc, now try and find a fackin shampoo that's another thing !! bloody " No more tears" kids shampoo being the only one I could find this morning :bang:

I wonder if I could extol the benefits of having 2 drivers as she can justify conditioner ... TM TP460 is the fairway finder love, the Geek is for everything else .. oooh I think I have an angle !!

*afterthought* .. she's off to NY in 3 weeks for a shopping trip ... can't figure whether that gives me leverage or bankruptcy..

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.