• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Finally got into the 70's

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
So on the advice of PA Jayhawk, I tried a new course up in his neck of the woods. A buddy and I played Pocono Manor East Course on Saturday and I shot a career best 78. I'm a 14.9 handicap (I don't like saying 15 and I don't think I'm at 14 yet) down from last years mark of a 23. Everything I read about the course was short and tight so I was a little worried before we got there. Yardage was 6565 and 69.0/118 from the blue where we played from.

Had a great range session and piped my first drive down the middle on a par 5 and had 195 left. Just missed the green to the right with a four hybrid and got up and down for bird. I played really good all day after that start. had a double on two after my approach shot plugged just in front of the green. Went out and came home in pair of 39's. Only birdie was number one I hit 10 greens and 8 fairways. Wasn't in the woods all day at most I was just in the rough. I had 26 putts and a lot of par saves.

The greens were very small as the course was built in 1902. Fairways weren't too tight but they seemed not have been cut in a while especially since there has been a decent amount of rain in the past few days. Overall for $30 it was a nice course. Great views and the course was empty made for a pretty awesome day.

First picture is from a few spectators on the par 3 number 3. They walked about 4 feet in front of us on the tee box. I really thought we were going to have to club them. The first doe looked as though she was going to charge us. Probably the toughest hole of the day (deer charging aside). You can't see the green only a directional flag to a green no bigger than 10x10 yards. It was playing 155, I got lucky and barely cleared the down slope and landed on the fringe.

Second picture is from number four way down hill and played about 305.

Third picture is number 7 par 3, 77 yards and again way down hill, hit 3/4 lob flew the green onto the cart path off the big tree behind the green back onto the fringe. I couldn't make that up if I tried, lucky par.

Fourth is of an old mountain man who spoke broken english and tried to sell us golf balls. They started at $10/dozen and each no we said got him down to $4/dozen, so I had to buy some Pro V's.

Last picture is of 18 a par 3 with a bunker shaped like well....you know.

EDIT: The pictures are out of order. Sorry!

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1699.JPG

IMG_1709.JPG

IMG_1702.JPG

IMG_1704.JPG
IMG_1697.JPG
IMG_1699.JPG
IMG_1702.JPG
IMG_1704.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Wow, that bunker looks just like an old man, ;)

Great score and a awesome looking course, congrats!

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Hahaha guess the picture order came out a little different.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Congratulations on the score...........I did it for the first time twice in one week. It seems an eternity ago now but was only 3 weeks ago. Haven't come close since. Putting problems more than anything. Course looks nice.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Really good write up, enjoyed reading it.

Must have been a top day, it had just about everything. Course looks a belter.

🔥 Latest posts