• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Finally got to play!

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I haven't been able to play since very early June due to time/heat/money (the real estate market can kiss my butt)(wait, I apologize market, I appreciate your recent resurgence. Please don't punish me again.) Yesterday I finally got to go play again. This game is not at all like riding a bicycle. Unless you generally crash a lot while riding one. My full swing was very jelly-like -- I reverted to the habit of trying to beat the poop out of the ball which leads me to wiggle the legs and just generally move all over the place trying to put power into it - normally that ends up with me putting hardly any power into it, and more balls flying around in different directions than a drunken night at Eracer's house (that's my first gay crack on this site, I've noticed they're quite popular.)

Anyway, what made me happy was that I still shot mid-90s. Since I haven't been able to play I've been walking around the yard nightly just doing little pitch and chip shots of varying distances and styles, mostly because the cat likes chasing them. The practice payed off nicely. Previously I'd land my 2nd on the green and 3-putt for a bogey, where yesterday I'd put my 2nd or 3rd in the neighborhood of the green, make a nice little pitch, and then 1 or 2 putt for bogey. Same score. Cool.

Now if I can get the jelly out of my body and combine the two I might just be in decent shape. It felt good to be back out there :hunter:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
At least you got back out there! Bad steps are part of golf, just try and be grateful that you're taking them when you are, which means good steps are coming.

Personally, which is kind of funny, the best part of my game when I've been awol is short game.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
...and more balls flying around in different directions than a drunken night at Eracer's house (that's my first gay crack on this site, I've noticed they're quite popular.)
Not bad for a first effort....dickhead.
:laugh:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Beats working, right? Glad to hear you got out there finally. I know nothing makes me more nuts than having a day off with no $$ to play golf. I generally don't allow that to happen by saving some in a bank account exclusively for golf emergencies. I've also been known to sell $hit... and mean $hit on Ebay or wherever to get emergency funds. Last resort, I've rolled change and even gone out scrapping fecking metal to get $$ to play. No, wait, worst I ever did was fill out a CC application, buy $300 worth of crap on Ebay, sold it for $450 and spent it all on gas and greens fees for a month. Never paid the CC company a dime, don't even remember what the name of the bank was.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
No, wait, worst I ever did was fill out a CC application, buy $300 worth of crap on Ebay, sold it for $450 and spent it all on gas and greens fees for a month. Never paid the CC company a dime, don't even remember what the name of the bank was.

Thats pretty pathetic if you ask me. Must have been like a crack addiction wanting to get out there that bad!! :)

Hope you don't go try and get credit or buy a house any time soon!

As far as getting back to playing. I hate, hate, hate, having a nice day after work, cool breeze, and not in the 90*'s.. and not having my clubs in my truck or car.. Pisses me off.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Thats pretty pathetic if you ask me. Must have been like a crack addiction wanting to get out there that bad!! :)

Hope you don't go try and get credit or buy a house any time soon.
I was going say, "I'm sure they remember you, Ez!"

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online