• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Finally met some ShotTalk legends!

bryank

Rastagolfarian
Nov 22, 2006
Hey gang,

Finally got to meet Eracer and Ualtim yesterday for a wonderful round of golf at http://www.ridgewoodlakesgolf.com/la...398&page=10729 in west Orlando area.

Tee time was 8:20, and it was perhaps the most enjoyable round I've played in a couple years. Both Joe and Tim are super nice guys. Tim was having a bit of a rough go after a recent layoff, but you would have never known it unless you were keeping score. Perfect attitude, no whining. Get a wedge in his hand and he's deadly. (we won't mention the ORANGE balls!) :biglol:He had a wonderful birdie chip in on the back that should have been on TV.

Lou will flat PAR you to death when he gets rolling. Hits the ball very well and straighter than I thought was allowed! I believe he has a new love affair started with his 3 hybrid as he was flat striping that thing. Also with an affinity for colored balls.....I think it was hot pink :biglol:.....a technique he uses to completely throw you off of whatever you were focusing on!

I was extremely nervous playing with these legends and finally settled down on the back for some decent shots.

Anyhow, thoroughly enjoyed meeting them both and putting some faces to the names here.

Hope we can tee it up again!

Peace - Bryan

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Pink balls FTW!

That was a fun round. You play a good game, Bryan.

Hey Tim, guess what I shot today (hint - it's very, very close to the score you had on Saturday. Like exactly the score you had on Saturday.:dead:)

I love this game.

I did have an "A-HA!" moment today. After chunking my 15th shot in a row, I decided to commit the mortal sin of trying to fix my swing mid-round. I made one simple correction: I started my downswing with a prominent bump of the left hip. I suddenly realized how badly I've been swinging from the top, and my ballflight suddenly got very good. I'm going to work on this one.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Pink balls FTW!

That was a fun round. You play a good game, Bryan.

Hey Tim, guess what I shot today (hint - it's very, very close to the score you had on Saturday. Like exactly the score you had on Saturday.:dead:)

I love this game.

I did have an "A-HA!" moment today. After chunking my 15th shot in a row, I decided to commit the mortal sin of trying to fix my swing mid-round. I made one simple correction: I started my downswing with a prominent bump of the left hip. I suddenly realized how badly I've been swinging from the top, and my ballflight suddenly got very good. I'm going to work on this one.

When people talk of a bump, what do they mean? A forward motion of the hips? I never got that????

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
When people talk of a bump, what do they mean? A forward motion of the hips? I never got that????
I get my weight solidly onto my right side, then, from the top, I simply feel like my left hip pulled SHARPLY left and back. That put my weight squarely on my left side, and opened up the hips, allowing the club to come down from the inside and more on plane. Simple move, but it made a huge difference.

I think the biggest thing is NOT rotating back to square with the right hip. Rather, the left hip pulls the weight forward. It's a subtle thing, and I don't think I ever really understood it until I felt it today. I'm definitely going to spend some range time with this one.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
This is the weekend I had to miss. I'm bummed. I'm glad you guys still got together and played tho.

Where are the pics?

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Those two are deffinatly a joy to play with. If their was a big bald headed guy as the assistant pro behind the counter, you also met my old roomate :) I wish I was still down there to play some golf with you fellas.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Another fun round with a couple of shottalkers. Eracer was his normal consistant self coming in under bogey golf. An occasional miss, but very consistant golf. I always enjoy playing golf with Eracer, always a class act on the course.

Bryank has some game. Solid ball striking with more than a few opportunities at some birds. The greens were a bit hard and fast so low scores were not likely, but Bryan was in position to score on just about every hole. Great guy, I am looking forward to playing another round with you and Joe.

I just may convert to Rastagolfarian. :laugh:

My game? Well, lets just say that its a work in progress. :laugh: I definitely got my moneys worth yesterday if you want to count strokes versus green fees. It only cost me 46 cents a stroke. :D

OP
bryank

bryank

Rastagolfarian
Nov 22, 2006
Sadly I forgot my camera at home....not used to being up when it's dark :laugh:

I think Eracer got a special shot of ualtim, very special :laugh:

Realized yesterday that every club but my putter is from Shottalk classified!!

BigJim13, I am loving that Nickent 3hybrid, just an incredibly easy to hit club....long fairway bunkers are now welcome, and sweet to be able to hit confidently into par5's when the option arises.

VTDivot, I believe I was warned about you! Something about not playing you for money :ugly25:

I also learned Limeys are much brighter in person than they ever look online....gorgeous!

We also discussed the possibility of Ezra getting his own reality show.

Can't wait for the next round!

Bryan

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
If I recall correctly, there was only one photo taken. Most unfortunately, it was of me trying to make my approach shot from the median strip between 4 lanes of road. Thankfully, I was given a free drop as my normal stance would have left me vulnerable to oncoming traffic. :laugh:

My original lie was better than the dropped lie, but the thought of going head to head with a Cadillac or a BMW (which both outweigh me by only a couple of pounds) had me heading inland a couple of club lengths.;)

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country

I apologize for this, watching me hack up the course yesterday must have rubbed off on ya today. Fickle game this golf thing is. If you run out of the pink balls, I can loan you a couple dozen of the orange Precept SP3's. :D

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Just Google "Middleaged, Overweight, golf"

And you get this (maybe I should have done it with quote marks):

abp2.blogger.com__C9VtB3kTbzM_Rku5_C2BuKI_AAAAAAAAAG4_IQ5BDMFTjoU_s320_IMG_0781.JPG

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Sadly I forgot my camera at home....not used to being up when it's dark :laugh:

I think Eracer got a special shot of ualtim, very special :laugh:

Realized yesterday that every club but my putter is from Shottalk classified!!

BigJim13, I am loving that Nickent 3hybrid, just an incredibly easy to hit club....long fairway bunkers are now welcome, and sweet to be able to hit confidently into par5's when the option arises.

VTDivot, I believe I was warned about you! Something about not playing you for money :ugly25:

I also learned Limeys are much brighter in person than they ever look online....gorgeous!

We also discussed the possibility of Ezra getting his own reality show.

Can't wait for the next round!

Bryan

Glad to hear its working for you, I gave up on hybrids completely.

Most reactions

Latest posts