• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Finally: NEW Titleist 910 Driver: SWINGWEIGHT?

papperlapub

Swedish Golfer
Jul 31, 2006
Hi,

I finally received my new Titleist 910 D3 Driver and what a beauty it is :)

I bought it on ebay, but it took over a month until I got it, cause I ordered it with two shafts and Titleist did not deliver the 2nd shaft in time....

I went to my local pro shop who knows me well an he let me use his flightscope. I like the results, however I also measured the swingweight because I found the driver felt a little heavier, it measured to a D5.5 which is much more than my previous Driver, a Titleist 905R, which measured a D2.

So what do you guys think, is a D5.5 a little too much? I got nice results on the flightscope, but I would like to have a little lighter feel.

Is there a way to reduce the swingweight, without cutting? What Swingweights do you have? What swingweights do pros have on their drivers?

Regards
Pub

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Not sure this will work, but I would ask the pro shop if they could shorten the lighter shaft by an inch. The challenge will be to find a shaft that, after cutting, have an identical kick point that the full length shaft had for you optimize your swing.

scgamecock

Feb 5, 2009
Maybe it's just me but I like a heavy driver. Not sure what the swingweight is, but I have a 95 gram shaft in a 905r.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I hit the 910 D2 last night with both the RIP 60 and the PX7 and smoked it. It's a very nice driver. Swing weight was not an issue for me, very comparable to my FT Tour F6M2.

R35

MercMan

Dec 28, 2010
D5.5 sounds very heavy but if you are a smooth swinger it shouldn't hurt you, I personally really like a heavy feeling club, if its too heavy it could give you elbow, or wrist pain.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
swingweight is only important in relation to flex. So in this case, just ignore it as it has no effect on playability.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Not sure this will work, but I would ask the pro shop if they could shorten the lighter shaft by an inch. The challenge will be to find a shaft that, after cutting, have an identical kick point that the full length shaft had for you optimize your swing.

When a club is cut down in length to reduce swing weight you are doing nothing but fooling the swingweight scale, same goes for adding a heavier grip. You have done nothing to actually change the weight of the head, and that weights cause on shaft flex, and in the end, the clubs playability.
Swingweight was developed back in the day of hickory shafts and used as a way of getting all the shafts to be similar in flex. In modern club making it really is of minimal use. The fact it is so misunderstood, exaggerated in its importance, and dwelled upon by amateurs makes me wish it would simply disappear.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.