• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Finally...something to post

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
I haven't had too much to say during the past couple of weeks. My scores have been hovering just over my 100 shot goal. Numerous games of 101-105 with ready excuses for what could have been.

Well, today it happened. I broke 100 for the first time. Shot a 51 on the front nine; but didn't get too excited because the back nine on my home course is typically harder. Things fell into place on the back side and I pulled out a 47 for a total of 98.

Things got a little hairy on #16 when I shot a 9 (Par is 5). Somehow, I managed to collect my composure and bogied #17 (par 4) and parred # 18 (par 5).

My buddy said, "Now, you can start thinking about breaking 90". I wish that were true. Realistically, I just hope I can duplicate today's score a few times.

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
Congrats!
I hope you continue your improvement.
I broke 100 last month, and havent been able to do it since... Ive been getting a 106 like every time out. My case is unique because my swing is downright horrible, and basically my swing in its current state will keep me at a 106 for yaers to come.

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Very Cool, I too broke 100 about a month ago, and in the 2 times I have been out since I have not faired as well. There is always next time though.:)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Good job. Just keep working on your game piece by piece and you'll break 90 for sure. Keep playing and enjoy the game, scores will come.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
good job of Course Management...this is key...

When do you play next??

OP
twogreen

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
good job of Course Management...this is key...

When do you play next??

Thanks, Bravo. I will probably play again tomorrow. I may or may not post the results. ;)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
You'll notice more and more scores of your dropping below, it's pretty common.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Recovering from that 9 is impressive. That would've ruined alot of guys rounds.

OP
twogreen

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
The Update

Thanks, Bravo. I will probably play again tomorrow. I may or may not post the results. ;)

Well, things went pretty well today, so I decided to talk about it.

I backed up yesterday's 98 with another 98 today. Today's round was 48 on the front side and 50 on the back nine. Our pesky #16 was still a thorn in my side, though; and accounted for eight strokes. Another similarity was that I managed to finish the round with a par on the par 5 eighteenth hole.

I must say I felt more confidence in my shots today, than I did yesterday. Yesterday, it was as if every hole was a cliff hanger where I was just waiting for the blowup that would ruin my chances of breaking 100. Today, I just felt like, having done it once, there was no reason I couldn't do it again. I'm sure the golf gods will find a reason in the future. :D

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
twogreen;7596 My buddy said said:
Thats a great attitude, lowering your score stroke by stroke, thats the way I'm trying to do it.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Great job on another 98!

Seriously, you know you can do it, now it's just go for 96...then 94...etc.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Good work - your mental approach sounds very good. So much of golf is mental/confidence based.

You may well find that you continue to shoot high 90's for a while and then without appearing to do anything significantly different you will drop to 92-3 in one jump. Sorting out that horrible sounding 16th for a start!!!!

Main thing is that you sound as if you're ENJOYING the challenge and that is sometimes so overlooked. If you are enjoying the game you relax and swing better and score better. And don't let one 100+ round make you think that you've lost it - it will probably happen and all it means is that you had an off day - maybe even just a poor 30 minutes or so. If you stay positive and take the "course management" advice above, then you will be well on the way to improving rapidly. Good luck on your journey in this peach of a game.

🔥 Latest posts