• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Finally the real tees

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I got out of work early so went over to Triggs. Finally they opened the real teeboxes. I ended up playing off the whites since there was a lot of wind. Short game saved me as I had a 4GIR, 29putt 83. It was basically a damage control round with 2 doubles and one birdie.

I played with a guy I've talked about before. He hits the ball a mile at the range. I swore he was a top am or pro when I first saw him. Guess what? I beat him by a stroke on the front (he only had time for 9). That just goes to show a) the game is played on the course and b) just because your swing looks great, doesn't mean you score great. He's a really cool guy though and liked playing and talking with him.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Thanks.

I played today with 2Fast2's. I actually was supposed to work but felt terrible. Would have tried if it wasn't a 3rd floor and also I had a very willing replacement. Anyway, we played Fenner Hill off the blues. It's and undulating course that drops over 100 feet from #10 to #1, so that comes into play a lot with putts. Some actually break what looks like uphill. The greens were a little bumpy and sooo slow. It's usually lightening fast and we couldn't get the ball to the hole at all.

I shot my best score ever there I believe. I had 6fairways, 10greens, 38putts (ouch) for an 84. Pretty decent score for a not so great day. I'm happy that there is no doubt I'll be a single digit in another 2-3 weeks. I'm paying for playing now though. I've got long johns and a sweatsuit on with the heat at 68*. Obvious I have a fever. Feelin cold but my boys are a boilin.
icon10.gif

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I guess I must be getting better. The handicap entering opened on 3/29 here. I entered the 83 and 84, they knocked off a 91 and 95 from my last 20. Both of those came from Fenner, where I shot 84 the other day. I do believe that despite 38 putts that it was my lowest round there.

🔥 Latest posts