• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Finished 1st term of college

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Whewwwww, finished my 1st term of college.

I'm taking one of those accelerated schedules. 6 week terms, dayum, mid-terms after 3 weeks, finals after 6, :faintthud

But it looks like I'm going to end up with an A in both classes !!!!!

I get a 2 week break before my next classes start, hopefully I can get my boat finished during this break, then right back at the books. This accelerated schedule takes up more time than I had anticipated.

I'm barely able to squeeze in 9 holes a day, :D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Face it, only reason you got As is the lack of poon.

Still, way to go dude!

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Face it, only reason you got As is the lack of poon.

Still, way to go dude!

Sadly, after 22 years of marriage, you're closer to right than I wish. :(

But thanks anyway Jeff !

three puttz

Mar 30, 2009
Huge congrats!!! I finished a similar accelerated program in '03 for my MBA, and you're right... it drains your time considerably. I had a lot of nights where I'd hit the sack at 1:00 and be up and at it again at 5:00 before I went to work.

Pretty amazing how much easier pulling good grades are when you actually give a damn about the outcome, huh???

Congrats again... it'll all be worth it when it's over.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
Way to go. Your on your way up. And remember, the great thing about virtual college is Spring Break is only a click away.
sbt.jpg

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Huge congrats!!! I finished a similar accelerated program in '03 for my MBA, and you're right... it drains your time considerably. I had a lot of nights where I'd hit the sack at 1:00 and be up and at it again at 5:00 before I went to work.

Pretty amazing how much easier pulling good grades are when you actually give a damn about the outcome, huh???

Congrats again... it'll all be worth it when it's over.

Ain't that the truth, in HS I was barely able to maintain a high enough GPA to stay on the football team, ;)

Way to go. Your on your way up. And remember, the great thing about virtual college is Spring Break is only a click away.

Excellent point, now, about that Golf Team, :D

Good job.............keep it up. YOU DA' MAAAN !!!!

Thanks Sssmokin, I needed that, :thumbs up:

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Frats, gah there isn't much I loathe more than frats.

That's pretty harsh Jeff. I had to work 30 to 40 hrs a week with a full load to get through school. If it hadn't been for a frat and set social stuff I would have been bored to tears. Maybe things have changed but my group were just a bunch of good guys.

Congrats MD, sounds like you're doing great.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
That's pretty harsh Jeff. I had to work 30 to 40 hrs a week with a full load to get through school. If it hadn't been for a frat and set social stuff I would have been bored to tears. Maybe things have changed but my group were just a bunch of good guys.

Congrats MD, sounds like you're doing great.

Hey, there's exceptions to every rule, and this is solely my paradigm, but every frat I've seen at my local Univ, and the other one in the state, and many many others, have just been cesspools of crap.

Of course, maybe part of that is my mentality that I'm not spending thousands and thousads of dollars a year to party. I can do that without wasting my education.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Hey, there's exceptions to every rule, and this is solely my paradigm, but every frat I've seen at my local Univ, and the other one in the state, and many many others, have just been cesspools of crap.

Of course, maybe part of that is my mentality that I'm not spending thousands and thousads of dollars a year to party. I can do that without wasting my education.

Ok, then things have changed. Long ago, back in the days before fire I could belong to frat and live in the house for about the same as renting an apartment. It was just a way for me to have a social life since I had no time to hang around campus.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Ok, then things have changed. Long ago, back in the days before fire I could belong to frat and live in the house for about the same as renting an apartment. It was just a way for me to have a social life since I had no time to hang around campus.

Ahhh yeah, not so much anymore. Huge hazing rituals, each one of our specific frats have frequent run ins with the law, things like that. Tis a shame.

Still Dubya, we could make a frat!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online