• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fireplaces...whose got em? Wood or gas?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Alright, the new joint I bought has a fireplace. It's built for wood, but currently has a gas insert and log set in it.

I do like the ease, cleanliness, and instant gratification that the gas system provides...but I've always loved real wood fireplaces. The smell, the heat, just everything about it is awesome in my mind. I have plenty of wood sources...I know it's not going to help heat my house(as most the heat goes right up the chimney and sucks the warm air out of the house...and it's dirty/smokey/more dangerous than gas...

Anyone had both? Anyone think wood is worth the hassle?

Trying to decide if I want to tear out the gas system and go back to burning wood.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Mine actually looks pretty damn good...of all the gas fireplaces i've seen, it's probably my favorite...I can adjust the logs to however I want.

Don't have to deal with ashes, no popping wood throwing embers out onto the floor, no splitting wood, no getting wood from outside, no storing wood inside...no smoke, no soot on the ceiling...I mean, there's lots of up sides, but I think it's worth it for a real wood fire on Christmas day...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
My brother in law just had his wood fireplace converted. Once the charm wore off, his hatred for hauling and chopping wood, cleaning it out all the time and the insurance risk/hit, he would never, ever go back.

Build a fire pit in your yard. Best of both worlds then.

R35

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
What part, the night?

Dude, if we can fire pit in the winter here, you can pull your panties out of your vag and fire pit down there.

R35

Listen, my family isn't going to open Christmas gifts outside around the fire pit...lol...do me and my buddies drink beer in the snow around a fire, yes...that's not what this is for.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Listen, my family isn't going to open Christmas gifts outside around the fire pit...lol...do me and my buddies drink beer in the snow around a fire, yes...that's not what this is for.
I think you answered your question. Gas fireplace. Wood fire pit. Problem solved!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Alright, the new joint I bought has a fireplace. It's built for wood, but currently has a gas insert and log set in it.

I do like the ease, cleanliness, and instant gratification that the gas system provides...but I've always loved real wood fireplaces. The smell, the heat, just everything about it is awesome in my mind. I have plenty of wood sources...I know it's not going to help heat my house(as most the heat goes right up the chimney and sucks the warm air out of the house...and it's dirty/smokey/more dangerous than gas...

Anyone had both? Anyone think wood is worth the hassle?

Trying to decide if I want to tear out the gas system and go back to burning wood.

I wear shorts and a t-shirt all year................what's a fireplace?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
We have a fireplace. It's called outside.
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1448485987.656864.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.