• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fireplaces...whose got em? Wood or gas?

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Having dealt with our woodstove for a number of years we pretty much only use it on the coldest days and as a source of emergency heat. Tired of all the BS that goes with it....

I have to admit I am intrigued by the outside wood furnaces. A friend has one and it is really slick.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
fancy-building-backyard-fire-pit-2WvTo.jpg

outdoor-fire-pit-patio-Denver.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Every home we've owned since the one we bought in 1973 has had a fireplace. That one was the ONLY one that ever had a fire in it. I grew up having to cut wood for heat. Wasn't going to do so when we could afford gas. So, when the wife insisted we begin using the fireplace in that home, I brought a bunch of form plywood home and tossed it in. We had embers shooting all over the living room. Wonder I didn't burn down the house to make my point. Fireplaces are one subject we refuse to talk about because she has no problem telling me how well she remembers that one incident 40 years ago. Just like most wives, she only remembers those things where I seem to have... in her judgment... erred in mine.:D

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Shoot...I grew up cutting, splitting, and hauling(either to the shed or to the house) firewood as well. And I didn't even live there.

I thought it was great fun.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Wood burning insert in my living room fireplace. House was build in 1939 so fireplace is original construction. Without the insert a lot of heat goes up the chimney. We only use it on Friday and Saturday evenings if it's chilly, but it makes the room nice and cozy for watching a movie.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Wood burning insert in my living room fireplace. House was build in 1939 so fireplace is original construction. Without the insert a lot of heat goes up the chimney. We only use it on Friday and Saturday evenings if it's chilly, but it makes the room nice and cozy for watching a movie.
What insert do you have?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online