• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First Comp at the Fold and I'm lovin it...

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Today was my 1st singles comp from the plates at my new course, Pike Fold. I didn't get a par until the 9th hole :( I did however have 4 bogey's and 4 Birdies to start with! Out in level Par 37. Started the back 9 with 3 bogey's on the trot but then hit the 500 yard par5 13th with driver 9 iron. My Approach flew straight at the pin pitched about 6 foot in front of the pin, one big hop, skimming the flag stick and finished 5 foot past,,, Eagle!!! regulation Par 3 on the next. Then drove pin high just on top of a little mound on a greenside bunker on the 300yard par 4, 15th. My chip rolled agonisingly (spelling) an inch right of the cup, thought it was gonna be 2 Eagles in 3 holes!!! It left me with a 4 footer up hill for birdie to go back level par. Oh $hit, horse shoed it!!! Finished par, Bogey, par for a 2 over Gross 73, net 67.

I love this course lots of risk and reward holes, it's not the longest of courses but it's well protected with pot hole bunkers on fairway's and around greens, 7-8 ponds and a few streams, so you can either take them on or play safe. The main reason I left my old course was because it has become an unfair test of golf this season. The greens are US open fast in the summer and on at least half the holes if you get on the wrong side of the hole your putt will finish off the green if it misses the cup. This is normally ok but this year the Greens have become very bumpy so even if you choose the correct line you still need to be lucky to avoid all the bumps and hole your putt. The Eagle on the 13th was superb, Great drive, Great Towering Approach shot and then a fair green which I rammed the putt home on, if it would have missed I would have had a longer put coming back for Birdie!

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Nicely done MG! Sounds like you've settled in to the new place very easily. Now lets see more scores like that and watch your 'cap drop!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Solo competition is the best way to go, I prefer it vastly. :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.