• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First complete club assembly

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
United States United States
So this was my first time putting together a whole club. I'm pretty stoked at how easy it was compared to how hard I made it out to be in my head. Shaft and adhesive compound came in the mail this morning so I put the had on during lunch. Took no time to do and was so simple. It was cured by the time I got off work so I put the grip on and now it's drying out for use on Sunday :D. I'm ecstatic to finally have a stiff shaft low degree driver especially after seeing how great my drives were last week with this type of combo.

Don't knock the bad pictures, I was in a hurry and the camera phone lighting was terrible.
1370042381645.jpg
1370042391666.jpg
1370042418994.jpg

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I have a buddy that broke the shaft on his burner(white head, not sure which model). He was going to throw it away but I told him I would take it. I might need to pm someone for help on properly reshafting it. If I could find a decent shaft for cheap. Then it might make a good US Open Pick Em trophy. Any shaft ideas?

OP
dedicatedhacker

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
As far as reshafting it goes that was so dang simple. YouTube it and you'll see how easy it is, it's even easier than it looks

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
After regripping my irons a couple weeks back, I'm def keen to look into making a few clubs too.
The feeling of accomplishment must be huge, and then to go out and hit them would be amazing.

OP
dedicatedhacker

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
After regripping my irons a couple weeks back, I'm def keen to look into making a few clubs too.
The feeling of accomplishment must be huge, and then to go out and hit them would be amazing.
I've regripped clubs before but never assembled because I thought it was d to hard. Your right though it feels great knowing I put it together and it looks and feels as good as anything you spend too much money on

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I have a buddy that broke the shaft on his burner(white head, not sure which model). He was going to throw it away but I told him I would take it. I might need to pm someone for help on properly reshafting it. If I could find a decent shaft for cheap. Then it might make a good US Open Pick Em trophy. Any shaft ideas?
Send me a PM anytime, its easy!

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I just put a Grafalloy Prolite 35 in a Ping G5 and like it. You can find them on Ebay for $20 or less.

sol adoni

Banned
Banned
May 20, 2013
SFL
Country
What did the chicken say crossing the road?

CHEAP
CHEAP
CHEAP

You got to let the 3rd world assemblers do this type of work bro, it's good to stimulate the global economy.

haha

well done

JK

sol adoni

Banned
Banned
May 20, 2013
SFL
Country

Did I tell you about how old man Karsten and I were hoisting a few at the 19th Hole of Moon Valley Country Club in Moon Valley AZ where I had a spread on the 18th fairway in the mid 80's, and I told him, the future of GOLF is metals, TITANIUM man, that's the future, here's a piece from Area 51.

LOL

🔥 Latest posts

Members online