• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

First Eagle Today!!!!

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
I got my first Eagle ever today...#14 par 5 475 ...hit my drive 275 and had 3 wood in...hit it good but a little right in some grass between two sand traps...but only like 9 feet from the pin...i bump a little 9 to get it rolling a bit and low in behold it drops in the cup...then went bogey par bogey par..man was that a great feeling seeing that ball roll right in the cup...

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Well done mate. 1st of many hopefully!!! A few birdies and Eagles improve the scorecard no end. Level par for the last 5 holes, well done. :)

petersmells

Riopos
Nov 28, 2006
Way to go! ah memories....my first eagle was a chip in also. Now the flood gates are open and many more will come.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Congrats on the first Eagle. You will remember that one forever.:)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Congrats on the Eagle. I've gone two years now without one although in 40 years I've had my share. Was usually getting one or two a summer for awhile there. Many more will come for you!! :)

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Congrats, i had my first eagle last summer from 78 yards with a 60*. It was like a mental block man, i find myself putting for eagle once every other round now, its great because now you know you can eagle.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
good job!! like others have said, now it opens the flood gates for many more to come.. you now have the mental strength to believe that you can..

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
You Da Man!!!

Congradulations!!!!!!!!
That must've felt great!!!!
Keep up the good work!!!!!

The closest I've even come to an eagle...
was at the zoo!!!!:laugh:

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
I got my 3rd ever in a match the other week but it was my first without holing an 8 iron on a par 4.

We were playing a fourball and were up against a 23 handicapper who must have had an "inspired day" (you know the sort). I thnk he hit 2 poor shots all day. He was 11 over when we finished at the 15th and it was very windy on a tight links course.....

4 down at the 11th which is a 460 yard par 5 with a big dog leg right. The other 2 knocked their balls to the corner and as the wind was helping I had a dash at cutting the corner. Thankfully I didn't try and smack it too hard and made it over, hit a 7 iron to 4 feet and holed out for a 3. The 23 handicapper had made 5 net 4 so I had to make it.

Still lost 4&3 though :real angry:

🔥 Latest posts